Chapter 26 - Jasper

The day goes by with meetings and paperwork, I'm tired as hell by the end of it

I walk into my . . our room. I don't find her inside, I take a quick shower and go down to find her.

Samantha, Jacob and Alice are having a chat in the living room over tea. Jacob and Alice are arguing over something and my queen is laughing.

Alice sees me first, I ignore her and place my hands on my queen's shoulders. She looks up and a grin spreads over her face.

"Hi." She says and I kiss her forehead, she looks so precious when she smiles like that.

"It's already time for dinner." Jacob stands. I nod and look at Alice, suddenly an idea hits me. Maybe it's time I cleared the misunderstandings.

"May I have a chat with you Alice?" I ask, her eyes widen and she quickly nods. My Queen stands beside me, "I'll be back." I whisper and kiss her hairs. She seems to understand and nods giving my arm a little squeeze.

I lead Alice out to the garden, "You should quit whatever you are planning by becoming my queen's assistant." I say and she looks surprised. "It wasn't me Alice. I wasn't the one who saved you."

"What do you mean? Everyone said it's you."

I shake my head, "I jumped I to save Jacob, he was the one who had saved you."

She stops walking, "But, why didn't he tell me that?"

"I don't know, but the one who guarded you against the fire was him. Not me. I got out without a scratch but he still has the scar on his back."

Tears go down her cheeks, "I, I didn't know. He never told me." She sobs.

"You never asked."

"That's, that's because everyone said . . ." Her voice cracks and she cries. "I'm so sorry." She says, I nod and push my hands into my pockets.

"I just wanted things to be clear for you. Don't be deluded." I say and she nods looking at the ground. "I'll ask Kevin to take you home." I call Kevin and ask for him. He comes soon and leads her out, she apologizes again before leaving.

I walk in and find Jacob leaning on a pillar waiting for me, he straightens as he sees me. "You told her." He accuses.

"I had to."

"What did she say?" He looks antsy.

I grab his shoulders, "She said she's gonna bake you in the oven." I say with all seriousness.

He narrows his eyes at me, "You are really bad at making jokes." He shrugs my hands off and walks away leaving me blank.

"Ouch that hurt." I say and follow him to the dinning room.

The others are already there, I greet Aunt Catherine before taking my seat. Jacob sits next to my queen and whispers something about how bad I am at making jokes, she laughs and looks at me. She reaches for my hand and gives it a squeeze.

"Is this sympathy?" I whisper.

"Maybe." She says in a teasing tone.

I lean closer so my mouth is touching her ear, "I'd like it if you showed your sympathy by getting between my legs." I say, I pull back and see her eyes wide and cheek pink.

She gives me a tight lipped smile and hides her face behind the wine glass.

"The ball is in a few weeks, I hope everything is going well?" Aunt Catherine surprisingly starts a conversation while dinner.

"Yeah, it's going awesome." My Queen says while I cut my steak. "You'll love it." She says which makes me smile. Someone's excited.

"Are you incharge of it?" Aunt Catherine says with a bit disappointment.

My queen nods, "It's the second ball I'm organizing after Jacob's birthday Ball." She says.

"No wonder it felt so dull." Aunt Catherine picks a handkerchief and dabs her lips gracefully. "A ball must be shiny, the songs must be slow and calm, the dress code must be neatly looked after, the food must be served properly, the space for dance must be round, the refreshments should be to everyones liking." She gives a huge list.

My Queen nods, "I totally agree Aunt Catherine." She says sipping her wine, "But times have changed now. We can't follow the old customs and bore the folks." She raises her hand.

"Firstly, Shiny things are a pain to the eyes, soft, pastel colors are more preferable." She folds a finger, "Also the ball is all about music, so the music should be heard and rejoiced by all. Also shiny appearances don't go well with soft and calm music." She folds another finger.

"And about the food, all the nobles can easily afford steak now. So bringing uniqueness to the menu will he loved by them." Folding another finger she continues, "And lastly, I'm the queen and I don't need anybody else's opinion on my way of arranging a ball." She folds her pinky then lowers hand to grab her wine glass.

She radiates of power, her face challenges Aunt Catherine to say a word, Aunt fists her palm but doesn't say anything except nodding.

A proud feeling gushes into my chest. The power her words held makes me see how perfect she is to be my queen.

God I love this woman.

How did get so lucky? I smile to myself cutting my steak.

The rest of the dinner is as silent as it can be.

Carla corners me once Aunt Catherine leaves, "That was very bold of her majesty, my king. It's not good." She says with concern.

I shake my head, "That's exactly how I want it. She's the queen I need, Carla. Just perfect." I say with pride.

"I never knew she would be like this, the Duke always mentioned differently." She sighs.

"Differently?"

"Yeah, like she's introverted, can't stand up for herself and many more." She says. "Maybe it was his reasons to reject the proposal. She's someone else differently." She looks at my queen who's talking to the others.

"Different." I say and she nods.

Different.

Like Cecilia.

**

Helloooo I'm back!! I'll be updating regularly now.

I'll be publishing the new book as soon I as complete this one. So stay tuned!!

Hope you all are safe and healthy.

Don't forget to vote and comment:)