Chapter 4 - Jasper

I have no idea what I just witnessed, she acted like I'll harm her, like she's scared - of me

I watch her serve food to her plate like what just happened didn't happen at all.

"Don't stare, I'll get indigestion." She says, I scoff.

"Maybe that's the reason I had indigestion yesterday." I say shifting my mood.

She chokes on her food, I try to hide my smile. She gulps some water then looks at me.

"What do you mean?"

I shrug, "I just felt someone staring at me yesterday." I take my first bite of the food.

"Yeah the time you said me to stop ogling you infront of everyone, you have no manners." She says angrily, she looks cute actually. Makes me want to tease her more.

"That's not a way you talk to your King." I lean forward resting my chin on my hand.

"I thought I was talking to my husband." She rolls her eyes, I blink in surprise. I won't let her off like this. I stand up and walk to her side, she watches me as I scoop her in my arms.

"Hey!" She exclaims. I sit on my chair with her on my lap.

"What are you doing?" She turns to me. Realizing how close our faces are, she quickly jerked back a little.

"Doing things a husband and wife should do. Come on now feed me." I tease and open my mouth.

"You can't be serious." She laughs nervously.

"I am, darling." I smile, her cheeks turn pink, it spreads to her neck. Without thinking I lean down and place a kiss on her neck. A breathless moan slips her mouth and I feel my pants get tighter beneath her.

I hold her waist securely in my hand so she won't get off. I trail my other hand from her knee to the hem of her shorts. Her body trembles in my arms. I quickly pull my mouth and hand off her body, I don't want to see her panick again.

"I'm hungry." I open my mouth, she blinks rapidly at me, after a bit of thinking she finally picked the spoon to feed me. I tried not to choke as she fed me fast, like she's missing her plane.

"Water please." I say stopping her spoonful of food, she glares at me. I give her a innocent smile, she pours a glass of water for me.

She ran away as soon as the dinner was over. It made me crackle. After a long time I had such a satisfying meal.

I call for someone to clean the table, I wait till everyone's gone and lock the door behind them.

I walk inside the bedroom, "Why are the windows covered?" She asks walking to the window.

"No reason?" I reply checking my phone. She pulls the blinds, opens the window and steps out into the wooden surface.

My phone rings, I answer the call from Justin.

"Good evening."

"Good evening. Did you reach safely?"

"Yeah." I walk to the window. "Did you have dinner?" I ask watching her look at the sky with a big grin, her eyes mirror the stars.

"Yes. What did you?"

"Yes, just did."

Long pause, since our parents passed away the bond between us brother got weak, I didn't - still don't - have time for them. We might as well be strangers if we didn't share the same blood.

"Is Samantha around?"

"Pardon?" I didn't like him calling her by her name. When did they that close?

"I mean is sister in law around?" He clears his throat.

"That's none of your business. You have a lot of work tomorrow, you should probably go to bed."

"Yeah. Sure. I'll hang up now. Good night." He hurriedly ends the call.

I was angry for some reason. I walk to her and hug her from behind. She jumps a bit but relaxes into my chest, I shocked she didn't pull away. For a moment I thought the Duke told her to stay away from me, it makes me so anxious.

I hug her tighter, she laughs and turns to look at me. "What's wrong?" She asks, her mood seems to be good, she's glowing.

"When did you get close to Justin?" I ask, she groans in a confused voice.

"You call each other by your first names."

"Justin and I are of the same age, no he's older than me. So I thought it would be awkward to call each other formally."

"That's the only reason?" I ask tilting my head to face hers.

"We are family."

Those words pierce my heart then wrap it up in a band-aid. It hurts but feels warm at the same time. It's been so long since I heard those words.

"We are family." I say it more like a question that a statement.

"Yeah. That is what I think they call it." She mocks, my lips pull into a smile.

"Really? I didn't know that." I move my hands to her waist to tickle her, a surprised laugh leaves her mouth and she tries to push me away.

"Stop!" She exclaims and I do, she's in my arms. Laughing and shining, I move some hairs from her face. Her smile slowly dissolves, she eyes my lips. I have a strong urge to kiss her, I lean down to do so but she suddenly looks unsure.

She pushes me lightly on the chest, "We should probably go to sleep. It's pretty late." She drops her head to a side. I smile out a sigh and kiss her below the ear.

"Fine."

**
Edited!

Don't forget to vote and comment;)