18

"Do you like it?" He asks when I take my first step into his humble abode, as he claims it.

In terms of rank, yeah I have higher authority at the rig. But in terms of how much we get at the end of the month, he easily earns double compared to me. And now that he's got a promotion, most probably triple what I'm earning. Hence a place at a prime location.

"Have a seat, I'll open a bottle of champagne. It's your first day moving in!" He is definitely in that cheerful mode ever since I saw him an hour ago in front of my apartment building.

I stand in the middle of the place, taking a full view of where I'm going to spend my life from now on. I slump at the thought of being caught in a cage, being held with strings like a puppet.

The sound of a bottle being popped makes me turn my face towards it; Rapist is already pouring the content of a champagne bottle into the two glasses he places on the counter top.

"It's not as big as your place but it should be okay considering it's much closer to your office. Right?" He hands me one of the glasses so I take it.

"Let me give a tour," he grins then takes my other hand and drags me further into the apartment.

"That's the kitchen, here's the living room," he waves his glass towards the couch, "There's only one room but we're sharing so that won't be a problem. Come."

I follow him and take a few more steps, going towards one of the two doors there, "This is the laundry room, but let's go to the bedroom first okay."

He opens the door on his left revealing a rather spacious room, equipped with a queen size bed and a corner that has a long desk, with two desktops on it, along with stuffs that shout Gamer Alert.

"Bathroom's there, closet's here, guess this is pretty much it." He's talking beside me but I stay rigid with the glass still full of champagne. I haven't taken even one sip. This whole thing makes me sick rather than in a mood of celebration.

"Freshen up, I've made reservation for dinner. I'll bring your bag here." He kisses my lips briefly then steps out, perhaps to do as he says.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath at the same time, how much longer can I take this until I finally reach my limit? Until I finally have the courage to leave this world?

***

He brings me to another fancy restaurant for dinner, the kind that requires us to dress up.

I only brought a black, loose midi dress thinking I'd need it in case there's a last minute office dinner or event so that's what I wear; a totally modest, short-sleeve dress that doesn't reveal a thing except my legs.

Him on the other hand, is wearing a complete set of suit as if he's going to a business meeting. He looked dapper in it, as if it's tailored to his body. But it can also be because he has that body type, the one that can fill up any clothes and look good.

"I want to do this right," he holds my hand tight, "Would you be my girlfriend?"

I did not see that coming. I did not. Absolutely did not. But I don't remove my hand either, instead I just look at his nervous face. Half nervous, half excited I'd say.

"Would you be my girlfriend, Baby?" He asks again, and this time around I take my hand to myself.

"Please give us a chance. I know we can work this thing between us." Work what thing? What's this thing between us? There's no this thing. You forced me to be here, to be in that house, to be with you. And now you have the nerve to ask me to be your girlfriend?

But this is my opportunity, to negotiate my term.

"What if it doesn't work?" Will you let me go?

"I'll do my best to make it work. I love you." Love? This soon? Is he a hopeless romantic? Is that what it is? He got mad, he raped me, he fucked me again and again, then he fell in love? Does he think this is some kinda mafia-like story?

"What if it still doesn't work? Even if you've tried your best?" I'm definitely baiting him into that conclusion.

He sighs, "Then I'll let you go."

That's what I wanna hear.

"You'll let me go?"

He nods. But in a split second his determination is back in his facial expression, "But we'll try our best first. We, both of us. Not just me. Okay?"

Anything to escape him. Anything.

"Okay."

As soon as I said it, the brightest smile he's ever put on his face makes an appearance. My chest is heavy with the promise that I will make my personal mission to break it from this moment on, but my brain is clapping in victory. I've made it. I've made a deal with the devil.

"Thank you." He whispers before leaning in for a kiss. He shows how grateful he is by latching on my lips like a mosquito sucking blood from the skin, taking and taking, with no intention of letting go, or slowing down.

I curse myself when I return his kiss as soon as he sucks my lips, it's like they have their own mind, or they've gotten used to react that way from the extensive practice they've had.

"Thank you for giving me a chance." He sounds so appreciative when he says it the moment he lets go of my lips. Like a puppet, I just stare at him with no intention of saying anything else tonight. I don't want to jeopardise what I've managed to do; getting a way out from this sick, sick man.

"Let's go home. I wanna have my dessert at home." He grins then calls for the check. Here we go again.