29

"Why are you so..." I can see my sister is raking her brain to find the best word until she finally blurts out, "hideous?"

I grin despite the turbulence I'm feeling right now and spin like a ballerina in front of her, "How ugly am I from a scale of one to ten?"

Her forehead wrinkles as she is truly surprised to hear that weird question from me but she answers anyway, "A million."

Good. Let's hope he finds me so unattractive that he'd ask me to leave that instant. Pretty sure this puffy shoulder, purple neon dress with a style that belonged to the 80s would kill Gabriel's sex appetite. I even curl my hair into these teeny tiny frizzy style and make it as big as a beehive to ensure his disgust at my appearance.

Lastly, I sprayed Hyun Bin's cologne to give him the subtle hint I belonged to a man by law, and pray to God he'd smell it the moment he lays his eyes on me.

But of course I don't make it obvious because I need to go downstairs to tell my husband and family that I need to leave for a date with my girlfriends. Something I make up because Hyun Bin did tell me he has no problem for me to spend time with my friends, as I too allow him to hang out with his buddies.

Putting on a coat to cover the entire dress, I go and find my husband first while keeping in mind I have thirty minutes to spare since I need to get there by 3pm. The last thing I wanna do is to anger the angry man by being late.

Thankfully it's a smooth sail that I managed to arrive Room 1998 five minutes earlier.

It was definitely awkward asking for the room's key at the reception, I feel like I'm a cheap prostitute despite this being a five star hotel. The way I dress eventhough I'm being covered by a long coat doesn't help to elevate my confidence either.

My blusher is definitely too pink, my eyeshadow is too purple, and my lips are too red but I purposely do this to make myself unattractive.

Wait. The right word would be, hideous. Yes, that's what we're going for.

Ten minutes past three, the door is finally opened signalling he's here. I am so tired of being nervous I'm somewhat relieved he's actually here just so we can get this over with.

I was sitting on the bed when he steps in with those confident strides. He's dressed casually in a pair of light blue jeans and a leather jacket, with a black t-shirt underneath. Your heart is as black as your t-shirt. Or your last name. Gabriel fucking Black.

I can sense the tension between us eventhough his face is void of emotions; he's staring at me blankly as if he never had feelings for me.

The few months we've lived together, he always looks at me as if he's deeply in love with me, that he'd love me for the rest of his life.

Perhaps he doesn't feel that way anymore after four weeks? And this meeting is just to get some closure, to end things for real?

He stops in front of the two seater sofa, then lands himself in the middle of it. He sits comfortably as he widens his legs, looking as relaxed as ever.

"Come here."

I honestly never thought I'd hear that voice again, and it somehow awakens something in me, stirring my insides that I feel a bit light headed.

"Come here, Charlie." He demands in a way I should do it instantly instead of being slow and hesitant.

Charlie. It feels weird when he called me by my name. It has always been Baby, Sweetheart, even when he's mad he'd call me those so does this really mean he feels nothing for me but pure hatred?

I raise myself to my full height and walk to him, stopping just a few inches away to wait for his next instruction.

"Come here." He repeats it again though this time the tone has softened.

I oblige and from the crinkle of his nose I know he has smelled Hyun Bin's cologne. I might have sprayed myself a bit more when I arrived here, just to make sure he'll catch it. Mission accomplished.

When I'm about to lower down my bottom on the same sofa, he suddenly sneers, "I didn't tell you to sit."

My eyes widen at the comment but I managed to recover from the shock and get back to my full height.

He closed his eyes as he exhales in annoyance, then pinches the bridge of his nose before displaying those green eyes again, "How about you take a five minute shower and come back as the cheater you are, not a clown like this."