20

The morning sex, the breakfast in bed, showering together, getting ready together, walking to the office together, "Aaaahhhhhhh!!!"

After screaming in the pillow, and cry for a good five minutes, I finally get out of the restroom to attend my morning meeting. If it's not because of this meeting I think I'm good spending the whole day in the stall, on the toilet, screaming till I lose my voice. Or my mind.

Juliette still hasn't replied any of my messages, or returned my calls. I'm seriously getting nervous. Please don't ask for a break up. Please please please.

"How's Thailand? Bought a new house already?" My boss who has taught me so much and is one of the reasons I'm at this position at such a young age, jokes after our morning meeting. Everybody knows the enormous allowance we'd get when we're sent to an overseas location. Buying a house, a car, is the kind of jokes we throw among ourselves.

"Still need another assignment to buy the dream house. Do you have a new one for me?" I playfully reply. Though I secretly hope he does have one for me, so I can get away from the Rapist.

"People are gonna say you're my favorite if I keep on giving you the best locations." He laughs though both of us know that's true. Office politics. Office gossips.

"But I'm pushing you for the one in Mauritania. We need someone reliable for unconventional drilling."

My eyes light up at the mention of another continent, "When will the project start?"

"Third quarter this year at the soonest." Third quarter is in three months. Great. I can wait until then. I can. I can do this.

"But I'm keeping you on the ground for these few months. Gotta give some way to the others."

I nod, totally understand how the system works. The oil price has gone lower these few years so the projects have been shelved, hence the need to rotate among ourselves instead of the prime time we had years ago when we're short of people, so I was sent to different locations without a break.

Hence the break up, the Escape.

But now business has slowed down, I'm finally setting my foot at the office much longer than being sent everywhere.

The sad thing is, eventhough I'm here now, my relationship with Juliette is still broken. The crack is so big I don't know if it can be repaired.

"Alright, I'll see you around."

"See ya." I smile at him while fishing my vibrating phone from the pocket of my slacks.

I miss you already. Let's go on a date again tonight? I'll pick you up at 7?

Rolling my eyes, I shove my phone back to the pocket. Can't he leave me alone for one second?

But my phone vibrates again, so I take it out.

Oops forgot we're living together now 😹 but I'll wait for you at the entrance around five? Or what time are you clocking out?

I type a reply that instant; Eight. Last minute assignment. Deadline tomorrow.

Awww poor my baby. Okay I'll pick you up at eight. Love ya 😽

Hate ya.

***

I feel like slapping that smile off his face when he remains positive eventhough I purposely come down forty minutes after his last text announcing his arrival.

Instead of the business suit he wore this morning when he sent me to work, he's now only in a t-shirt and a pair of shorts, looking casual and somewhat hot.

I loathe him but I can't deny he is one fine, hot masterpiece.

"How's work?" He asks in a cheerful tone when I'm still walking towards him.

"I miss you," he murmurs before he kisses me which I immediately push his chest, "We're still in my office building."

He grins sheepishly, "Sorry. Totally forgot about that. Let's go? So I can finally kiss you?"

I just proceed to the exit of the building as he walks next to me. It's a relief when he keeps his distance without touching me because this is the place I don't want my colleagues to find out about him. Afterall we're in the same industry.

Most importantly, my friends know I'm dating Juliette. They'd be hella shocked if they see me kissing with a guy when Jul's pictures are still in my Instagram account.

I know I'm cheating on her now but I'd like to keep it low as much as I can, because I believe I can tackle this situation. Give it two months, he'll back down for sure, then I can be with my long-term girlfriend again and work our relationship because there's nothing more powerful than love. I love her, she loves me, we can do this.

Suddenly he grabs my wrist gently to turn me around, which a moment later he holds my head steady for another kiss. A real kiss.

"I love you so much, Baby," he whispers in between kisses that I don't return. How can one keep on kissing when the other doesn't respond? Don't they feel rejected? Because this one doesn't.

Thick skinned Rapist.

"Have you eaten? Do you wanna go eat first before we go home?"

I just blink seeing his lips moving as I try to avoid his eyes. I don't want to have any sort of connection with him, even if it's hatred.

"Are you hungry?" He pulls me into one arm and starts walking towards the street, so I follow along and move with him, just letting him wrap my back with his arm.

"I didn't cook because I haven't bought any groceries yet, maybe this weekend we can buy some pots and pans and groceries? Hmm?" I can feel his eyes are looking at me now but my sight remain focused on the street we're walking.

"Let me order UberFood so it can arrive the same time we're home." But home is just fifteen minutes walk from here, it will take more time for the Uber to deliver the food.

I keep quiet instead of replying him, letting him to figure it out himself, because I don't want to engage in a conversation with him. Let him be, let him get tired of me, of my non-responses.

But he doesn't seem to be affected with what I do, because he keeps on talking about how his day was, and when we're home, he makes me cum twice while waiting for our food to be delivered.

Hit repeat, I can foresee the same morning, and the same night happening the rest of the weekdays.

And weekend? Maybe that pots and pans shopping, maybe that groceries shopping. I don't know.

But one thing for sure, I'll be breathing the same air as his, while wondering what happens to Juls. I miss you so much.