24

"You look awfully happy."

"Am I?" I smile at her as I shrug, not wanting to make it obvious though I'm fully aware what she said is true because since the past four hours, I can't help but to feel giddy all over.

"You do," she then turns her eyes to the man next to me, "and you guys look really good together. Match made in heaven."

I keep on cutting the spring onion despite feeling the heat of his stare. Then his voice follows through, "Thank you, noona (older sister)."

My other siblings and cousins join the conversation while I keep quiet and do my kitchen assignment diligently.

I love it when everyone gathers at my house for lunch but I love it even more when they stay until dinner since today's the last day our grandmother will be staying here.

Which brings to the man next to me who's currently being swarmed with questions of when will our wedding be, or what theme will it be, where would it be yadda yadda yadda I'm glad he takes them all for the team.

Three weeks ago my grandmother brought him to our lunch gathering, introducing him to the family as my future husband. Yeah believe me, I'm shocked too.

He's Korean but he's been in New York for a few years now to take care of the family business. Based on our birth date, aligned with the moon and stars and sun whatnot, according to my grandmother's friends (yes she brought her friends as well), they predicted us to be the best match- compatible with each other, have good future, will produce lots of healthy sons- jeez they even gave us a few wedding dates to catch that luck they claim can only happen once every few years.

That's how he's been stuck with my family for three lunches now, all thanks to my superstitious matchmaker grandmother.

Thankfully, the closest date her friend gave us is two months from now so we still have time to conjure some excuses since my grandmother too is leaving tomorrow for Seoul.

As an attempt to give us some alone time, she shoved us out after lunch to get the ingredients for dinner.

To be honest, the moment I saw Hyun Bin for the first time, I knew I'd never marry him. First, he's obviously not a woman (I'm a lesbian, remember?). Second, he's nowhere near the word attractive. And third, I don't even want to marry anyone.

I'm a petite lady but standing next to him, we can look at each other eye to eye- that's how vertically challenged he is.

Compared to my solid-ten ex-girlfriend, he has straight black hair that's parted in the middle, typical single eyelid Asian eyes, and chubby face. He is... average. That's the best I can come up with.

Despite all those qualities, when we accidentally bumped onto Gabriel at the mall earlier, I noticed how jealous he was upon seeing Hyun Bin's hand tangled with mine.

I saw him first when I was just walking side by side with Hyun Bin but knowing I had the advantage to stir him I quickly took Hyun Bin's hand and acted all friendly and flirty with him. Until a moment later I decided to turn my eyes towards Gabriel and there he was, just staring at me with two shopping bags in his hands.

It's been four hours since I last saw him but I still feel victorious with what happened. Take that, asshole.

***

I come home around 11. It's Saturday night so Gabriel should be in front of his pc, playing online games to his heart's content because whenever I'm home, he'd play me instead.

I've been having lunch at my parents' place since the past few Saturdays because Grandmother's here but without informing him, I stroll around after lunch, spending time on my own instead of telling him the family gathering is only for lunch then we're free to leave.

I've gone to spa, I've watched movies alone, I've eaten alone, I absolutely enjoyed my alone time. And I plan to lie to him until forever; I want Saturdays to be my day, to feel the last bit of freedom I can grasp in the chaotic week with my abductor.

"How's your Saturday?" He asks casually when he sees me walk towards the ensuite bathroom to have a quick shower.

"Good." I give him the usual cold answer then disappear into the bathroom.

"I made chicken wings for dinner," he tells me the moment I step inside the bedroom again, with his butt still stuck onto the gaming chair, eyes glued to the gaming monitor with mouse clicking non-stop; he's in a battle.

I towel dry my hair without making an effort to engage in the conversation he initiated. For all I care, he can assume I'm tired or uninterested. Obviously the latter one.

"It's sooooo good I'll make it for dinner tomorrow, okay?" He finally swivels in his chair, looking at me as I sit on the bed, still drying my hair.

"Want me to help?" He has already left the chair before he finishes his question, currently taking out the blow dryer from a drawer.

I remain seated on the bed, waiting for him to plug the cord. Then he sits behind me, still smiling as if he isn't affected at all with what he saw at the shopping mall earlier.

I swear I saw his eyes coming in our direction. He clearly noticed the tangling hands, he couldn't miss the overly friendly gestures I purposely did to Hyun Bin before looking at him, as if I really do that on regular basis, not just to entice him.

"Your little brother's cute."

My what?

"I wanted to say hi earlier but I think it's too early to involve families. We've only been together for three months."

He thinks Hyun Bin's my little brother?

"I'm sorry I left just like that, I didn't know if your parents were there too. I guess I... freaked out."

He pushes my wet hair to a side, and a second later I feel his lips on the nape of my neck. I sigh when he kisses that one spot softly, knowing where this will lead to.

One orgasm for Gabriel Black, none for me-