Chapter 2

It was now year X2020. 12 years have passed since Asta awakened his kagune. He's now 15 years old and an SS class ghoul. He's known as "Shadow." He attends school regularly with his best friend, Yuno, from the Golden Dawn. The two both grew up with strong ghouls and they were on the same vibes.

Asta wears a black cape everytime he goes outside for a mission or when he needs to help a crewmate. Asta had enough RC cells to have 4 tails and his one eye seems to be natural.

Asta had huge amounts of friends while Yuno had simps all over him. Asta usually goes to the cafe with a silver haired woman named Noelle. Asta didn't judged Noelle even though her family was known to be a group of professional ghoul investigators.

Their friendship started back when they were in elementary. Noelle had a big mouth, especially when talking about her mom, Mereo, who's currently a Special Class Investigator. Noelle liked Asta's personality so she decided to be friends with the dude.

Asta and Noelle were currently on a coffee date while sharing their ideals. "So Asta, what's your opinion with ghouls lurking around the Clover Kingdom?" Noelle asked. Asta was casually sipping his coffee when he suddenly chugged it all down. "Well, scary! I guess?" Asta replied which made Noelle laugh. "You and your lame jokes. Don't worry, when the time comes, I'll protect you." Noelle said and Asta laughed.

"There's a new SS class ghoul, he goes by the name Shadow. He's deadly, he managed to cut Nozel big bro's arm!" Noelle said. Asta started to sweat heavily. "Hoho! Look who's nervous! I'm positive that you really need my protection!"

"I don't know if you need to protect me but thanks!" Asta replied. "You don't even know how to handle a knife, I can wield weapons with ease. I'm already set to be a ghoul investigator once I graduate." Noelle said. "You don't know if I need weapons tho." Asta replied which made Noelle irritated.

"COME ON, I JUST WANT TO PROTECT YOU!"
"I didn't turned your offer down tho!"
"TSK, JUST GO AND TAKE A GOD DAMN HINT!"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY HINT!?"
"YOU'RE SO DAMN CLUELESS! I'LL TAKE MY LEAVE, BYE!"

Noelle walked out the cafe and Asta was left clueless. The waiter looked at Asta in shock. The waiter was shocked that someone is so dense that he didn't even know what the hint was.

Asta thanked the waiter and walked out of the cafe as well. "Tch, I made the damn tsundere angry. I just want her to be more honest!" Asta said as he quietly followed Noelle. Noelle was walking in a tunnel and was humming. The tunnel was dark and there was no one inside besides her.

Noelle had an eerie feeling when a figure of a man stood on the other side of a tunnel. "Mhmm, fine young lady! Not to mention, a person directly related to Mereoleona Vermillion." The man said.

A wing appeared on the man's back and Noelle knew what was about to happen. She brought out her pocket knife and entered a fighting stance. "You'll regret that you've messed with me." Noelle said as the man slowly walked towards Noelle.

The man had gray cape and a mask that covers his face. His eyes were red and he only had a wing. His name was Siren and he had a creepy look under his mask.

"T-this is the S class ghoul! Andras!" Noelle said as her leg started to shake and her hands are about to give up and drop the knife. "What happened to all of your talk, Miss Noelle." Andras said.

Asta looked from a distance and noticed that the man was from the Golden Dawn. "That's Siren! What the fuck is he doing here?" Asta thought.

Noelle picked herself up and gripped the blade harder. "This will be my first ghoul kill!" Noelle said.

"IS SHE NUTS? A FEW INVESTIGATORS CAN KEEP UP WITH S CLASS GHOULS AND SHE'LL TALK LIKE SHE'S ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL!" Asta said to himself.

Siren laughed and jumped high. Noelle looked at Siren surprised with the height of the jump. Siren made it rain with scales. Noelle dodged the scales quickly but 2 scales wounded her, one was even stuck on her leg.

"OUCH!" Noelle's shouts echoed around the tunnel but Siren just laughed. Noelle threw her knife towards Siren but the Knife just bounced back. "THEY ARE IMMUNE TO NORMAL BLADES!?" Noelle thought.

Noelle slowly lost chance to live and accepted her upcoming death. "I died without telling Asta the truth." Noelle thought as Siren approached her. "You're all talk, you're nothing compared to your mom." Siren said.

Siren kneeled besides Noelle and held her by the arms. Siren pulled Noelle's arms, hoping that it would detach. Noelle shouted in pain when she felt that the pull disappeared.

Asta ran towards Siren and punched him in the face with all his might. Siren flew a few meters from the punch.

Noelle opened her eyes and wiped her tears and saw someone standing in front of him. "Noelle, I'm sorry, where does it hurt? I'm sorry for watching you suffer. I thought you could pull off a huge stunt." Asta said. "A-Asta? You're here? W-where's the ghoul?" Noelle asked. "I punched him." Asta said. Noelle hugged Asta and cried.

"A-Asta! I'm sorry for being all talk!" Noelle said as her hug became tighter. "NOELLE! IF YOU DO THAT THEN..." Asta was cut off with Noelle dropping the hug as she endured the pain of her arm. "Stupid, you totally forgot about your injury." Asta said while Noelle replied with a smile.

Asta assisted Noelle when he suddenly felt a knee hit him in the face. He bled and saw that Siren was looking down on him. Siren was about to kick Asta's face when he dodged and grabbed his leg. Asta now showed Siren his eyes.

 Asta now showed Siren his eyes

(I tried my best, lol)

Siren shivered and quickly ran away. Noelle didn't saw Asta's eyes so his identity was safe.

Tryna put art to the story. Nothing important so God bless and Peace out!
-Minami