Chapter 31

The aftermath of the explosion has surfaced and it was shown that the CCG building is completely destroyed. Blood was spread everywhere and they were sure that everyone inside the building had died. Asta wanted to check the building out but he is occupied with Noelle and Gaja.

Noelle and Gaja quinque started to fuel up again as they appeared infront of Asta together and hit him with their palm on his chest. Asta was sent flying a few meters as he stood up and smiled. "This'll be a good fight!" Asta said as he stood up and shook off the dust that has gathered on his body.

Noelle went after Asta and was about to slice him but he dodged and smiled. He ran towards his left but Gaja appeared there. "Don't think of escaping." Gaja said as he tried to stab Asta with his claws but failed. Asta saw an opening and gave Gaja a punch to the gut. Thankfully, Gaja had his quinque on and it took the damage. The quinque may have cracked but atleast he didn't suffer huge injuries on that punch. Who knows what would've happened if he was unequipped.

Noelle tried to stab Asta from the back but Asta had already noticed her and ducked. "That's dirty!" Asta shouted and Noelle grinned. "In a war, I'm supposed to go all out even if I had to use dirty techniques right?" Noelle said. Asta tried to stab Noelle with his kagune but she dodged and disappeared again. She appeared above Asta and pounced on him. He grabbed Asta and tried to strangle him by his neck. "GAJA, NOW!" Noelle shouted as Gaja rushed towards Asta on high speeds and went for a stab.

Asta regained his strength as he threw Noelle upwards and jumped, dodging Gaja in the process. He managed to grab Noelle by the stomach as he slammed her to the ground with the support of his kagune. The impact had made a crater due to the power that it had. Noelle's quinque was shattered and she was bleeding. One could say that she's just holding up because of her will. Gaja saw what happened and was furious. "MISS NOELLE!" Loropechika shouted as she tried to run towards the bleeding Noelle. "MISS LOROPECHIKA! DON'T GO NEAR US!" Gaja shouted as he kept trading blows with Asta.

Noelle was lying on the crater that she had made from getting slammed. She definitely had broken bones all around her body. After all, she's just a human who's in an armor. No one would've survived that damage except for her or other strong ones. "Ugh, I never thought that he could've done that. I guess this is my end." Noelle said as a familiar face had appeared infront of her. It was Mereoleona Vermillion, her "mom." The so called figure went down and gave Noelle a hug. "M-mom? I thought y-you were dead!" Noelle said and the soul silently vanished into nothing.

The fight of Gaja and Asta had slowed down, Gaja went from attacking to dodging Asta's attacks. Asta was smiling crazily and was randomly whipping his kagune around. "This damned ghoul, he is probably the strongest one that has ever existed." Gaja said as he got hit by a kagune and was sent flying. His quinque is destroyed in the torso part but it was still operating.

Noelle was lying down there without motion, crying. "I-I just wanted to live a normal and fun life with Asta... H-how did this happened? Where did I go wrong? Was it a mistake that I entered CCG? All I did was for the better good of us two!" Noelle said quietly but little did she knew that Asta was listening. Asta had gone back to his normal form after Gaja was struggling to get up so he decided to check on Noelle.

"To answer your questions, The good isn't always rewarded." Asta softly spoke.

"Yo, Noelle... I'm sorry for what I did there." Asta said. "It's all ok." Noelle wanted to continue but she was cut off by herself coughing up blood. "I don't have much time left. Hahaha, I don't even know if I made someone happy." Noelle said with tears and a sad smile.

Gaja went for a desperate attack on Asta's back as he successfully stabbed Asta. Asta shouted in pain as Gaja lost his strength. Asta got furious as he slapped Gaja's head away with full force, killing the man. Loropechika saw everything and was already crying.

"NOELLE! DON'T THINK ABOUT SUCH THINGS! YOU MADE ME HAPPY YOU DUMMY!" Asta said while crying. Noelle smiled and was giving Asta a sign that he should come closer to her. "Do you remember our promise? Please don't forget about that." Noelle whispered on Asta's ear. "Ofcourse I wouldn't." Asta said while trying to put a smile on his face.

"Then if you remember it, go ahead and tell me." Noelle said trying to speak. It was getting difficult for Asta. He doesn't want to see Noelle suffer like this. "What will you do after I die?" Noelle asked. Asta broke down after hearing those words from Noelle. "I WILL CONTINUE LIVING! PROOF THAT SOMEONE HAD LOVED YOU AND CARED FOR YOU!" Asta shouted as Noelle finally gave in. "It's my time now, I love you dummy." Noelle said as she had released her final breath.

Asta held Noelle and checked her pulse. She is indeed dead. Asta was enveloped in pain and was crying. Loropechika was crying on Gaja's dead body. Asta stood up picking up Noelle's cold body. "Miss Leader, remember our deal? I won't kill you don't worry...But t-there's no point of that deal anymore. All the ghouls in this kingdom were gathered for this fight and died on that explosion. Just please announce that I'm dead and I'll change my identity. Please." Asta begged. He was still crying over Noelle and is still in his denial phase. "Don't worry about it, I'll do it." Loropechika said with a tough smile.

You may have died here but I swear! I swear that even in our reincarnations, I'll find you and give you the happiness that you deserve, Noelle. I love you.
-Asta

3 years later
Asta had changed his name to Tatsuya and has published the book that he was writing under his name. He is now living a normal life with a job. No more ghouls, no more CCG and just peace. He had a picture of him and Noelle hanging on his room and he talks to it everyday like he's communicating with Noelle.

This story aint done yet, there's still the next chapter. Love y'all, Godbless and Peace Out!
-Mira