Chapter 18

A day has passed since the unexpected war and many were devastated with the deaths. Noelle wasn't eating and Nozel locked himself up on his room. The Zogratis siblings moved to the Silva household because they actually had no place to stay on. Leopold and Mimosa were sad on the news that they heard about their siblings. "This house wouldn't be the same." Mimosa said while crying.

"Nozelllllll... You need to atleast eattttt." Vanica said from Nozel's door. "I baked cookies for youuuu." Vanica added and Nozel opened the door. "Thanks." Nozel said as he stepped outside his room. "Woah, he's easy." Vanica thought but they still had problems because of Noelle. They knew that Noelle saw Mereo die in her eyes. It will surely hit her a lot.

Nozel opened his phone and contacted Asta. "Oi Asta, my sister won't come out of her room, can you help me out?" Nozel asked. "Yeah, give me a few minutes please." Asta said as Nozel dropped the phone. "Who's this Asta guy?" Vanica asked. "Noelle's boyfriend." Nozel replied. "So Noelle has one, too bad the older brother doesn't have on-" Vanica was cut off by Nozel holding her chin. "Dare speak another word and I'll kiss you right here." Nozel said.

"Bold of you to think that I'd fall for something like that! You can't commit! Fwahaha!" Vanica laughed and Nozel blushed because of what he did. Dante laughed, "I'm surprised that you can laugh like that like nothing happened yesterday." Dante said. "HUH!? OFCOURSE SOMETHING HAPPENED, ARE YOU STUPID? WHY WOULD YOU STAY GLOOMY OVER SOMETHING IN THE PAST? ZENON WOULD BE LAUGHING HIS ASS OUT IF HE SEES YOU CRYING, BIG BRO DANTE!" Vanica said. "For quite a while, you actually made a point, Nica." Dante said teasingly. "Don't call me with that name again, that name was given to me by that trashy uncle." Vanica said.

"Oh yeah, I heard you guys call The End your uncle. Do you mind telling me the story and why is he a ghoul and you three aren't?" Nozel asked.

"To make things short... Julius and Dad were brothers. Julius was close to us, he became a ghoul, ate dad and spare us because he loves us." Vanica said. "Don't tell me... Ghouls have emotions?" Nozel said. "They are like normal humans but they eat humans and are stronger." Dante said to Nozel. "How can they calmly kill humans?" Nozel asked.

"It's the circle of life. We humans used to be at the top of the food chain but it became them. They treat us like how we treat animals." Dante said as Vanica's loud snores were heard. "She fell asleep that easily?" Nozel thought as he put a blanket on her. "Now that you told me... You and Zenon actually look similar to that End dude... He's just blonde." Nozel said and Dante nodded.

Asta arrived and was about to shout when Nozel sensed him. Nozel was whispering "don't shout" towards Asta but his efforts were in vain. "HUH? PARDON! I CAN'T HEAR YOU! WHERE'S NOELLE!?" Asta shouted and Vanica was waken up. "YOU'RE STILL A PAIN IN THE ASS!" Nozel said and Asta just walked while laughing.

"So this is Noelle's boyfriend? He's actually cute! Hey, don't tell me you two are already at it." Vanica said teasingly to Asta as Asta blushed. "Uhmm... I don't know you?" Asta said and Nozel was experiencing second hand embarrassment. "MY NAME IS VANICA ZOGRATIS SILVA! THE WIFE OF NOZEL! NICE MEETING YOU!" Vanica said proudly. "YOU NEVER TOLD ME THAT YOU HAD A WIFE, NOZEL!" Asta said and Nozel cursed Vanica. "She's not my wife, she's just crazy." Nozel said. "You two are actually good together." Asta said before going to Noelle.

"Me, Vanica, good together? Huh? Is this why Noelle sometimes call Asta some weird names like Dorksta?" Nozel thought.

Asta was on Noelle's door as he knocks. "Oi stupid, I'm here! If you won't answer or let me in then I'll dump you." Asta said as the door opened immediately. "You really love me huh." Asta said and Noelle nodded with a tear.

Asta sat on Noelle's bed and Noelle sat besides him. "Noelle... What happened?" Asta asked. "Mom died because of that ghoul named Shadow." Noelle said while crying. "This Shadow is a bad guy huh." Asta said and Noelle was looking at him intensely. "I don't see you as bad." Noelle said which caused confusion on Asta's part.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN ME!? I AM NOT A GHOUL!" Asta said and Noelle giggled. "I know you aren't, you're my baby." Noelle said as she laid down on her bed again. "Huh? I'm your baby? We'll see about that!" Asta said as he put his body on top of Noelle's. "You're actually heavy, Asta." Noelle said. "Just complain, I'm light." Asta said. "Haha dummy." Noelle replied

The two were having an intense staredown when Noelle suddenly held Asta's hand and put it on her stomach. "You... You're warm." Asta said and Noelle smirked. "I want to share this warmth to you." Noelle said before taking of her top and taking Asta's off. She cuddled Asta and smiled. "Stay with me for a while please. I promise we won't do anything that isn't fitting for our age." Noelle said and Asta was surprised. "Uhm Noelle, I'm pretty sure cuddling around while being half naked isn't something 16 year old kids do." Asta said.

"What do you mean? I'm already working and you're matured. If you wanna do it now then I'm open to the idea. I'll let you take everything from me." Noelle said while blushing. "You already took my mom from me, this isn't a problem." Noelle thought. "Think about it Noelle, we're too young. Let's wait for around 2 more years then I'll consider it." Asta said.

"Fine but stay with me just for today. I really need someone right now and who else is that someone? Ofcourse it's you! You're the one that I love the most!" Noelle said.

"Did you locked the door?"
"No?"
"Dummy what if Nozel enters?"
"That's stupid, I'll kill him."
"Hahaha!"

"I just want this moment to last forever." Noelle said.

3 years later.

3 year timeskip will start next chapter. I don't have anything that important to cover within those three years so I decided for a timeskip. Love y'all, god bless and peace out!
-Minami