Chapter 23

Asta was surprised that Mimosa's knife managed to wound him. "You... WHAT DID YOU DO!?" Asta shouted. "Why would I tell the enemy? I'm not dumb Asta." Mimosa said as she twisted the knife and went for another stab. Asta deflected it and punched her. "Don't forget that you're sitting below me, insect." Asta said as he held the dizzy Mimosa by the hair. "You know, you shall respect someone like me. Bear in mind that no one can kill me except for Noelle. I doubt that she can kill me tho." Asta said as he strangled Mimosa.

"Asta, stop." A familiar voice said from behind. "Luck! I told you I can handle them alone!" Asta said. "STUPID, YOU'LL KILL THE WOMAN! IT'S BETTER TO MAKE HER OUR HOSTAGE!" Luck replied. "I never thought of that! Thanks Luck!" Asta said with a smile. "How can he smile so casually when talking about taking someone as a hostage?" Mimosa thought.

"Hey Noelle's useless cousin, do you wanna die now or later?" Asta asked. "Kill me!" Mimosa shouted and Asta laughed. "That's the answer!" Asta shouted before knocking Mimosa unconscious.

Asta carried her body and ran with it as fast as he can. "Oi short stack, the woman said she wanted to die. Why'd you keep her alive?" Luck asked. "What an easy question to answer! To make the family panic and stressed! It will definitely affect them since 2 members of them died or disappeared!" Asta said. "Speaking of disappeared, what did you do to the boy?" Luck asked. "That slap probably snapped his neck. If he's lucky then he's alive." Asta replied. "Can I eat him?" Luck asked and Asta nodded. Luck disappeared and took the body and went back to Asta. "You're still fast as fuck!" Asta shouted. "That's my only specialty... I think?" Luck said as the two feasted on Leopold's body.
_________________________________________

Noelle was lying down on the floor in her office when Nozel and Solid barged in. "For fuck's sake act like you're in your office! You're 19 already!" Nozel said and Noelle was frustrated. "Then act like 34, you can just ignore me and you won't stress yourself." Noelle replied. "I swear you are Mereoleona but you're way more carefree." Solid said and Noelle smiled.

"Has Mimosa returned? I want to play with her! And Leopold as well!" Noelle said. "They haven't returned." Kahono said. "Wait, where the fuck did they even go?" Noelle asked. "Is this Mimosa and Leopold person that you call are orange haired?" A woman asked. "Who are you?" Noelle asked.

"Sorry that I haven't introduced myself. I am Loropechika, Head of the Heart Kingdom's CCG." Loropechika replied. "This is Gaja, our own strongest investigator." Loropechika said. "I'm Gaja." Gaja then reached out his hand and Noelle shaked it. "I'm Noelle Silva, I'm the one behind the attacks here in Clover and the strongest." Noelle said.

"I like her confidence. She's definitely strong." Gaja thought. "We came here due to the fact that we heard of the news that ghouls started to get active again after 3 years. I thought that we can let this country borrow 5 of our Special Class Investigator just incase an all out war breaks out again." Loropechika said.

"The help is truly appreciated miss Loropechika." Noelle said as she wore her polo. "Miss Noelle, can I challenge you to a sparring match? I wanna see your strength." Gaja said. Noelle nodded and had a grin on her face. "Challenge accepted." Noelle replied. "Oi Gaja, we came here to help, not fight." Loropechika said. "Don't worry ma'am, I just want to see the talent of the 'strongest' investigator." Gaja said. "Follow me, I'll show you something interesting." Noelle said as she opened a door.

They entered the room and it was revealed that it was a big gym. "This is the place. Let's go to opposite positions." Noelle said and Gaja nodded with a smile. Gaja blasted with his speed in hopes of intimidating Noelle but she isn't budged by his speed. Gaja's speed was crazy and Noelle would admit that he is faster than her but it didn't intimidate her even a little.

"Don't regret that you accepted the challenge, miss Noelle. I won't go easy on you because you're a girl." Gaja said. "That's what I hate about men. Men think that going easy on women would make them feel better. Thank God Asta ain't like that." Noelle thought.

"I'll start!" Gaja shouted as he ran around to make dust. "He's really fast huh." Noelle said. Gaja was laughing because he thought that it was an easy task to defeat Noelle. He thought that it was careless of Noelle to not be wary and to not follow him with her eyes so he went straight but he was surprised that Noelle turned her head exactly on his location.

Gaja backed off and started to run again. "Aren't you done yet?" Noelle asked and Gaja was irritated that he was getting outdone by someone. "If you want then I can end this." Noelle said and Gaja replied "If you can!"

Gaja went full speed when Noelle suddenly appeared infront of him. "SHE'S FAST! OR MAYBE SHE'S JUST SMART!" Gaja thought as Noelle's fist made contact of Gaja's face knocking him to the ground with a loud thud. "Good game well played." Noelle said with a teasing smile. Gaja was bleeding so much.

"Gaja! Miss Noelle, are you sure that he's not dead?" Loropechika asked as she held the unconscious Gaja. "I knocked him out, him being the strongest will assure you that he's alive." Noelle said as she wiped the blood on her arm. "Tch my polo is stained, I forgot to change!" Noelle said.
_________________________________________

TW: Torture of some sort

"Mimosa, if you just answered our question then you won't suffer!" Asta said as she broke one of Mimosa's finger. "AHHHH!" Mimosa yelled. "YOU HAVEN'T EVEN ASKED A QUESTION! HOW CAN NOELLE LOVE SOMEONE AS STUPID AS YOU!" Mimosa said. "WAIT, I HAVEN'T ASKED A QUESTION?" Asta asked. "YES WHY ARE YOU SO STUPID?" Mimosa asked. "My bad hehe." Asta said as he scratched his head.

"Do you have strong investigators in your side except for those who fought 3 years ago?" Asta asked.

We're about to reach the final arc so stay tuned! Love y'all, Godbless and Peace Out!
-Minami