16

c h a p t e r   s i x t e e n 

"Emma! Stop, wait!" Antonia exclaimed as the philosophy professor dragged her through the corridor into her office. Then, shutting the door behind her, she faced the limping history professor, arms crossed and eyes narrowed. 

"Spit it out," she said, her sea-green eyes fixated on the visibly uncomfortable Antonia. 

"Spit out what?" Antonia was genuinely confused, and the pain between her legs was not helping. This morning, she found out that she was not walking funny, so she decided to come to college, a decision which she wished she could undo. 

"Don't play dumb, you obviously got railed yesterday," Emma waved at her, and Antonia's jaw dropped slightly. She should have definitely stayed home. 

"Um...yes," Antonia shrugged, trying to play it cool, "I did. Is it...is it that noticeable?" 

"No, but I am pretty observant," Emma cocked her head to the side, "who was it?" 

This time, Antonia's heart dropped along with her jaw. She wouldn't know...

"What..." she laughed nervously and tensed up when she saw Emma raise an eyebrow. 

"I went on a blind date yesterday," Antonia clasped her hands in front of her stomach, a habit she had when she was lying through her teeth, "and we somehow ended up...doing that...um..." 

"So that's why you were absent yesterday? To go on a blind date?" Emma gasped, looking incredulously at her. 

"Yeah..." Antonia tucked a lock of hair behind her ear and gave a small shrug. She knew what Emma was thinking. She was absolutely repulsed by the lack of dedication and the frivolity of a professor of the Queen's, as was evident by the stern look Antonia was receiving. 

"Toni, I thought I was your friend." 

Huh?

"You are-"

"Then why didn't you tell me about it!" Emma caught hold of her shoulders and shook her, "I was so worried about you! You weren't picking up your calls either!" 

Antonia heaved a big sigh of relief. For a moment, for a dreadful moment, she had almost been certain that Emma knew about the Chancellor and her explicit relationship. 

"I'm sorry, I was just..." she was so relieved that she had a hard time coming up with another lie. 

"Excited? I know right! Blind dates are super thrilling." Emma grinned, then nudged her friend's shoulder, "If he left your knees in that state, then I'm assuming you're meeting him again?" 

Antonia blushed and waved her away. It was true that she was meeting him again, but she knew better than to admit it. 

"It was just a one-time thing," she glanced at her wristwatch and saw that she had twenty minutes left before her next class. Should she give the Chancellor a visit? What if he was busy? Or maybe she should just text him? 

"That's too bad," Emma pouted and patted her back, "anyway, I'll meet you at lunch, I've got a class in five." 

"Sure, I-erm..." Antonia picked up a few sheets on her desk, "I have to give these to the Chancellor." 

"Would you just call him Professor Clyde?" Emma rolled her eyes and opened the door, "He's younger than most of the professors in the Academy, so almost everyone calls him Mr. Clyde or Professor Clyde. Heck, he's even younger than me."