2

c h a p t e r   t w o 

Those were the most beautiful pair of hazel eyes Antonia had ever seen. They stayed riveted on her, studying her silently as he started the interview. She was so lost in his eyes that she did not notice his extended hand on the desk. 

"I do not like absent-minded professors, Antonia." He said, making Antonia jump back to reality as she stared helplessly at him. She promised she would not screw this up! 

"I do not like repeating myself either, but since you are newly acquainted with me..." He took a second to study her face, "I told you to give me the required papers." 

"Yes, here they are!" Antonia quickly rummaged through her handbag and handed over the file to him. He took them and gave her another scrutinizing look. Then he started studying them, giving importance to each and every detail written on the pages. 

Finding nothing better to do, Antonia decided to check out the handsome man sitting in front of her. She felt utterly shameless at such a thought but did it anyway. 

Professor Rhys Clyde looked nothing like the Chancellor of a university which had been there for centuries. Instead, he looked more of a British actor or someone who belonged in fairy tales or Wattpad books. With his dark, wavy hair which flowed smoothly on top of his head and brushed the collar of the crisp white shirt, which was underneath the impeccable black suit which he wore, matching with an equally professional lavender tie. The suit fit him so perfectly, that Antonia could see the curves of his biceps against the material, as her eyes trailed down to his hands in which he was holding his papers. A few veins popped out in a pattern as he turned the pages and involuntarily, Antonia clenched her legs. Her wildest dreams and darkest fantasies were threatening to overwhelm her, and she had known this man for hardly five minutes. 

Slowly and measurably, she drew her eyes along the tie to his face, noticing his sharp jawline, his flawless porcelain skin, clean-shaved and against her will, she found herself staring at his lips. Antonia had kissed a few men before, but something about the light pink colour of his lips and its shape made her imagine how it would be like to feel them on her own. 

Oh, God! What is wrong with you Antonia? she heard a faint voice in her head, which quickly dissipated as she looked at his eyes. Those were mesmerizing but also held a certain mystery to them. This man was devastatingly gorgeous, and something told her that he knew about it. 

"Uhum...Antonia." Ah! His voice! The way he called his name...it was all so...arousing

"Antonia." this time he sounded serious, and she was shaken to reality and she realized with horror that she was ogling at him and biting her lips. 

"Oh! I'm so-sorry-I-" she desperately tried to hide her embarrassment. Her cheeks were burning and she dreaded that he would call one of his asshole guards and tell them to drag her out of the University premises. Her dream would be shattered just because she could not help herself from gawking at the Chancellor. She closed her eyes and braced herself. 

"Never, ever bite your lips in front of me again." He said, in a dangerously husky voice, and Antonia's eyes shot open and she raised her face to meet the face she had memorized in only a few minutes.

"What...?" she whispered, although something about the lazy look which the Chancellor was giving her, seemed ravenous if not warning.