24

c h a p t e r     t w e n t y - f o u r 

"And so now," Rhys typed the last letters of the mail he was writing, "Antonia Rodriguez is a permanent professor of the Queen's Academy." 

Antonia did a little jump and fist-pumped the air. 

"Read it when you get back home," Rhys closed his laptop and stretched out his arms, "it has all the details about the salary, holidays and other similar stuff." 

Nodding her head, she tried to run her fingers smoothly through her hair, but they got entangled in the viper knots in her ridiculously curly waves. Exasperatedly, she blew a loud breath through her mouth and turned away from the mirror. 

"Your hair looks really nice," Rhys commented as the History professor trotted about in his bedroom, "it's all messed up and not styled at all, I like it." 

Antonia stuck out her tongue and winked at him, "Well it's easier to pull that way, sir." 

A little laugh left his lips and he got up from his table, walked towards her and held her shoulders from the back. He then pushed her all the way to the mirror, making her stand still as he grabbed a comb from the nearby shelf. 

"Rhys, what-" Antonia saw him detangle the knots in her stupidly messy hair in the mirror, "you don't-" 

"Shh." he very patiently opened the most vicious knots in her hair, and he did it with so much concentration that Antonia could not help but feel awed. 

Rhys combed her hair with the expertise of a hairstylist, parting it from the side and making sure no knots were left. Once the combing was over, he held the brush in his mouth and started braiding it, humming a tune as he did it. 

Antonia's eyes did not leave his face in the mirror, watching his eyebrows furrow and relax as he styled her hair, a tune she did not know coming out in sweet melody from his lips. 

"Which song is this?" she asked softly, as he reached the end of her hair. He smirked and took the comb from his mouth to put it away. As he leaned forward, he pulled down the braid roughly. Antonia gasped and fell back against his chest. 

"I'ma care for you, you, you, you, yeah," he brought his face in the nape of her exposed neck and sung the lyrics, "'cause girl you're perfect, you're always worth it, and you deserve it, the way you work it,"

He placed a soft kiss on the side of her throat before continuing, "'cause girl you earned it, girl you earned it, yeah..." 

All of her breath left Antonia's lungs as he bit her skin and sucked on the wound, leaving an alluring red mark behind. Her face and whole body had heated up and she had to gasp for air, as he placed feathery kisses along the side of her neck, before biting her earlobe and whispering, 

"I think it's easier to pull this way, don't you think?" then he pulled away. He let go of her hair and took a step back, watching her closely in her reflection in the mirror. The woman in front of him did not move for a few seconds, but then she brought one gentle palm to the bite mark he had left, tracing it with one slender finger, and bit down on her lip, locking eyes with him in the glass in front of her. Rhys felt his smirk disappear slowly and a certain raw power flared up in his features. 

"Tell me to stop," she spoke, her voice tinged with mockery, "or I'm never leaving." 

They stayed like that for a tense moment, before Antonia whizzed around and jumped on him, claiming his mouth with raw passion which Rhys returned whole-heartedly. With their arms wrapped around each other, they set themselves free in each other's warmth.