Chapter 7.2 (Part 2)

She'd been waiting for so many years to get Tyler Hamilton's attention. Now that she had it, she intended to make the lay of it—before he drifted away again. She covered his mouth with hers and kissed him exactly the way she had wanted to kiss him for so very long.

   He moved with a speed that took her by surprise, shifting his weight until she was lying beneath him, pressed into the deep cushions of her jewel-tone couch. His mouth ravaged hers, tongues seeking, meeting, mating. Taking his cues from her, his hands raced over her with a boldness he hadn't shown before.

   Jane felt the fine tremors in his fingers, and she realized he was still holding back. He's made it clear enough that he'd been living a monk's life for the past year. She didn't want to think of herself as the woman who had drawn him out of his self-imposed exile.

   He shifted restlessly, and she felt the hardness pressing against her thigh. Whatever the barriers that had come between them in the past, they were together now and he wanted her. She couldn't guess how long it would last, or even if they would ever be together again after tonight. But she had no intention of missing this one chance to fulfill a fifteen-year-old fantasy.

   She slid her hands down his back, relishing the ripple of muscle beneath his clothing. He was still exploring her mouth so thoroughly she was sure he had memorized every centimeter. She knew she would never forget the taste or the texture of his.

   She felt his right hand sliding upward from her hip to her rib cage—suddenly tentative, as if he wasn't quite sure of her reaction. She arched into his touch, mutely letting him know her reaction was decidedly positive. She almost felt the surge of heat rush through him when his hand closed finally over her left breast.

   He wanted her, she thought again, every nerve ending vibrating with reciprocal excitement.

   Tyler slid his mouth from her lips to her jaw, moved to the shallow indenting in her chin, then buried his face in her throat to measure the pulse beating so rapidly in the hollow there. She shifted to accommodate him, sliding her fingers into his hair, lifting herself more firmly into his embrace.