Maid Cafe Waitress Akko X Male Reader: Witch by school, Cat Maid by home.

Summary: Akko could consider herself a thrifty spender. And to afford the latest trinkets she comes across Akko always takes a part-time job during her vacations. Sadly with her track record the only  option nowadays is...a maid cafe. Well at least the pay is good and it isn't like any of her friends will see her in the embarrassing outfit that just had to include fake animal ears.
It'll be her crush, you, who will see her like this!

Word Count: 1981

~

The beeping of the machine signaled the official start of Akko's Saturday noon shift. The brunette groaning to herself as she pulled the card back in her pocket. Earning the attention of one of her coworkers. "Is everything alright Kagari-san?"

"Oh nothing, just that I had to cut my afternoon nap when I saw I had work today." Akko let a sleepy moan out, rubbing her eyes while the questioning girl giggled. "Well, just try to not make a repeat of last week." If Akko had the strength to send a glare she would have, cringing over last Monday where she fell asleep on the reception counter much to the anger of her supervisor.

She huffed and ignored her morning replacement, the way she has always dealt with problems around her work. As much as Akko would prefer to defend herself she did not want to get fired again. Perhaps if she acted like that to begin with she wouldn't have to work at a maid cafe of all places.

That's right. After a slew of failed part-time jobs Akko had to force herself to work in a place where she had to wear an embarrassing outfit all day and serve customers in an overly-cutesy manner, did she mention all employees have to wear fake animal ears? If glares could burn, the cursed cat ears Akko was holding would be blown away by her supernova.

But she'd rather not have that happen, destroying company property would only increase her disciplinary score and soon lead to her leaving her job. And how else was she going to get money then? Her parents allowance isn't enough for all the cool stuff Akko could find in places like Blytonbury or the many airports she has to jump through to get to Luna Nova!

Leaving the dressing room Akko made sure her skirt was as long as it could be, even if modest by other cafe standards she could not pull away the fear the skirt would hitch high enough to show things to the entire building she'd rather not let them see. If anything she'd much rather prefer to show them privately to a certain boy...

Akko physically slapped herself for such thoughts. Earning raised eyebrows from the few customers and maids present in the main dining room she had entered. Luckily for Akko they quickly went back to their business, saving Akko from a scolding from her supervisor for breaking the mood.

Talking mood Akko put the headband on as she entered her station for the hour, the reception area where she would welcome anyone that came in with a wide smile and a overly-exaggerated voice. Don't forget the "nya" at the end!

Thankfully for Akko Saturday noon was always a quit time for her shift. Meaning she did not need to do the embarrassing introduction as much like in other days. At times like these where Akko had time to think for herself she couldn't help but be happy all of her friends lived overseas. She would die of shame if anyone like Lotte or Sucy would see her like this, or how badly Hannah and Amanda would laugh at her. Worst of all if it was you-

"Akko?"

The maid at work did not want to look up from the counter, afraid that oh so familiar voice belonged to the exact person she would normally love to see. "Holy crap it really is Atsuko!" Surely that other voice didn't belong to one of your friends, yet Akko only needed to glance once to see a shocked you and your wheezing friends behind.