Amanda x Cop Male Reader: The Greatest Theft

Summary: As a dedicated peacekeeper of your city you've sworn to uphold the law and take out any criminals that cross your path, But one day a mysterious force shows their face where new feelings and truths come out...

Word Count: 2193

~

O.A.

Those were the initials resting on the card your fellow police officer was holding, an uncertain expression on his face. "It's the same suspect Lieutenant, or at least connected." Whisking the card out of his hand you paid him in silence, further inspecting the card yourself as you went into the crime scene.

Just last night the news was alit with the reveal of a new portrait entering your city's museum, a priceless artifact dating back centuries making its small size compared to most paintings the ideal target for thieves from all around the corner. But the elusive O.A. has been the only one to bypass the numerous security measures the building had set in place.

And yet there the painting stood like it was never moved. If you looked closely you might see the spot where the card you're holding was originally stickied on. At this point you got used to O.A.'s refusal to ever really steal anything, while there was always a worry something precious and small could have been swept away that never seemed to be the case. Even as every individual paper was checked for fraud they would always come out as genuine, the same counted for the painting.

You pocketed the card, while O.A. was a master in never getting seen they never forget to not clean up their trail before abruptly realizing that halfway into their escape, the path going cold every time. You'd almost suspect them of doing this on purpose. Let's not forget they leave their initials in every crime scene...

The bizarreness of O.A. only got worse as you checked their route again and again, it made sense how they entered and such-or how they got out. The only thing that didn't fit was how they should have been seen numerous times, how the human-operated camera's should have ringed anything especially in their pristine condition. Even questioning the guards came up with nothing as they had no recall of seeing or even getting hurt, and you doubted half a room of people all had amnesia.

Letting out a defeated sigh you left the museum, although you claimed you were close to finding and unmasking O.A. it seemed that today would not be that day. Just as you were about to enter your vehicle back to station and let the others deal with the administrative case one of the daytime security guards bumped into you.

"Ah, Sorry." Said the tall woman, her fiery orange hair poking out of her hat. "I was late and there was this entire break-in that made me worry and it all just came together into one big mess, you know?"
"It's fine, nothing got stolen. If anything the collection had gained a precious new sticky note." Her laugh unsettled you, as casual as it sounded something told you there was more to it.

"Great! That means I get to finish my business with you." Your eyebrows raised. "Me? How do you even know me less need me?"
"I worked with the police before and have seen your name and appearance tossed around, it isn't hard to connect the dots." She winked. "But the important thing is that you take this...and follow it's instructions to the tee." The security girl put her fingers together as her other hand gave you a small closed envelope.

Eyes focused you ripped it open, the content making your eyes widen as you looked back at the orange-haired woman. Only for her to be completely gone out of sight, you moved towards your radio. "I want a sweep of the area for a woman with orange hair and salmon undertones. She is in a security guard outfit." As you and the rest of the police on site went to work you couldn't help but think.