(Platonic) Croix x Springtrap Male Reader: Who Cares?

Five Nights at Freddy's AU

Request by:  generic-name-idk

CW: Kind of a dark fic,  dead and distant parents, some dead kids too, Reader is the man behind the slaughter, reader is kind of a bad person(?) but he wants to be better.

Note: This Springtrap follows more of his character from the webcomic "Springtrap and Deliah", a stark difference to his game counterpart that should be noted before reading.

Word Count: 2,1k

~

The night sky rumbled with rain and thunder as Croix was inside her dorm, working on one of her little side projects the school faculty would not approve of if they found out about it. Luckily for Croix she was alone in her dorm,

Or was she?

A lighting strike close to the school blinded the room as the lights were shut down, unbeknownst to the disgruntled Croix a hulking figure appeared in the darkness. The tall golden bunny animatronics' permanent grin felt more like a dark smirk than a funny smile to entertain kids with, its big feet started to move towards Croix. The mechanical whirs muffled by the harsh rain.

It stood right behind Croix, his hand slowly going for her shou-

"Man you are bad at sneaking up at people." Sighed Croix, the bunny robot's eyes held surprise as his target turned around sporting a smirk of her own. "When are you going to give up trying to scare me?"

"Whaaat?" You began, the light returning and showing your exasperated bunny face. "I just wanted to see if my favorite friend in the world needed any help!"

"Sure," Croix snickered. "you sure you don't need help yourself, perhaps fixing some loose wires?"

You let out a huff. "Hey, I may be more than 30 years old but that doesn't mean I'm breaking at the seams every second."

"Good, then my work was better than your creators." Croix noted as she returned to her work.

A confused expression formed on your face, turning into shock as you quickly tried to respond. "Y-Yes it was! Honestly, those old farts could pick up a lesson or two from a prodigy like you." You ruffled Croix's hair with a smile, and though she would let out a groan a small smile would still form on her face.

"Thanks Springtrap, here, why don't you help screw in these bolts?" Asked Croix as she shoved some bolts and plates towards your direction.

"Oh, of course." You responded positively.

Croix would watch as you struggled with the simple procedure, your big robotic hands making it not easy to work with the small tools while Croix would try to hold in a giggle.

She appreciated the effort though, no one had ever really seemed to care about her interests. The rest of the school found her weird while her mother would always send disapproving letters even with how much Croix excelled in class, her father's disapproval was unknown considering he was dead, so that was an empty alley, even if her mother loved to say he wouldn't approve. Even her best friend Chariot only seemed to hold a passing interest in what Croix liked more out of them being friends than genuinely appreciating her work.