Hannah's Dad is really kinda' Rad

NOTE: not really a ship and just a one-sided comedic love from Barbara towards an unknowing male reader.

Summary: Ever since she was little Barbara had a crush, you, her best friend's dad. A one-sided love that would continue to develop as Barbara would become older, even as you remain blissfully unaware while your daughter tries her best to not let her friend date her father.

Word Count: 2,2k

~

"You girls doing alright?"

"Yes dad..."

"Yes mister England!"

You smiled as you checked up on your very young daughter and her recent new friend, you were glad to see Hannah was finally getting along with someone. Knowing she could be very difficult to a degree that other kids wouldn't want to spend time with her,

not with Barbara, and you appreciated the Ravenette for that beyond being a general joy in the big mansion your little family called home. Something told you they would be friends for life with how much they kept themselves attached to each other.

"That's great to hear, you just yell if you need anything, ok?" You said.

Hannah would roll her eyes, "We know dad, just stop interrupting us." She gave the doll she was holding an extra hard brush as her toddler's eyes tried to look intimidating.

You chuckled. "Alright, I'll leave you two be the-" You cut yourself off as you saw little Barbara standing in front of you, a wide smile on her face while her eyes twinkled. "...Is there something Barbara?" You eventually asked.

"Ah, well..." The little girl started to play with her long hair, twirling it around her finger as she continued to struggle with her words. "You see we were playing princess and knights and I just now noticed we are missing our knight!"

"Really?" You said with a small smile while Hannah would look confused at the knight toy next to her before looking back at Barbara.

"But we have-

"So! You need to join us so the princess can kiss someone when she is saved!" Barbara exclaimed as she already tried to drag you into the pink room. "And you are perfect for the role!"

An awkward chuckle came out of you, and that was before you noticed the small glare Hannah began to hold. "That's sweet of you Barbara but I'm quite busy myself, you wouldn't want an old man like me to stink up the room anyways."

"I don't mind! Otherwise I can just join you with your busy stuff!"

You raised an eyebrow at Barbara, the girl slowly letting go as a blush coated her cheeks. "A-Ah I mean-"

You ruffled her hair. "It's ok dear, you two go have fun ok?" You repeated as you left the room, earning two goodbyes with one notably sadder than the other. Barbara would linger at the door even as Hannah asked her what that was all about.

"Oh, nothing." She would say before turning, a determination for love already building up inside her.

~

Many years would pass as Hannah and Barbara's friendship grew alongside a certain love from the latter, something that grew so big that eventually Hannah could notice it. "So...what's it with you and my dad?" Hannah questioned out of the blue, the preteen still busy applying make-up on her face as Barbara's hand shot out and ruined the pattern she was making on her nails.