Diana x Male Reader: Meeting the Parents

Summary: You and Diana have been in a relationship for quite a long time, yet despite how much you know about each other Diana has always been very privy about her family life. One day she invites you over to properly "meet" her parents. There you see a side of your magical girlfriend you never saw before.

Word Count: 1635

~

The clouds rumbled as you left the bus, a grumble leaving your throat as you checked your phone. Of course it had to start raining just the moment you arrived. Sheltering under the bus stop you were thankful the storm wasn't that heavy, Diana had insisted you would meet her parents outside and only outside, even if the weather would be bad.

Diana Cavendish...your girlfriend. No matter how many times you see or even think about her you can't help but fall in love with her all over again. Who knew a little meeting in Blytonbury's streets would lead to you gaining such a wonderful smart girlfriend? You just hoped her parents would approve of you, yours had already approved of her luckily.

A ringing of a bell pulled you out of your thoughts, you turned to see Diana herself approach you on a bike, deftly parking next to the stop as she walked up to you and greeting you. Saying your name with such a gentle tone. "It is nice to see you could make it on time, and that you're dressed in the way I requested." She gestured towards your black suit, mirroring her black dress. If you would think otherwise it looked like you two were on a date.

"Of course I did, I even got a tie on like you insisted!" Diana raised an eyebrow. "You mean a bow tie? I suppose It'll suffice." You scrunched up your nose. "Hey! I could've totally worn and tied a tie if I could! The bow tie just looked nicer."
"If you say so." She coaxed you into following her with her finger while she rolled her bike next to her.

"I'm not lying!"
"I didn't say anything?" Diana flashed a small smile at your pout and you quickly broke out of it, sharing a larger smile as you walked alongside her. "Sucks the weather is so bad. Think your parents still want to keep it outside?" When only silence came from Diana's direction your glance turned into a full turn. "Diana?"

"Ah- Sorry for spacing out... As I said before I'm afraid we have no choice in the matter." You groaned, ineffectively using your hands to cover your head from the light rain. "I did read the weather should clear up once we get home. Besides, it's...fitting like this."

You let out a nervous chuckle. "I do hope rain is considered a positive thing in your family then..."
"How come?" Diana had stopped in her tracks as you reluctantly did the same. "I'm just afraid they won't like me...that they'll refuse you dating me." Diana plucked her lips as she walked up to you again, placing one of her hands on your face as she softly called you. "I understand your concern, but there is nothing to worry about. Our love is final and that's it."

Despite Diana's encouragement your mood hadn't picked up by much. "If you say so..." She flashed you a smile. "You'll see." It immediately dropped, her icy eyes fixed on the road as Diana took the lead. "Now come along, things will get better once we're at the mansion."

~

You let out a whistle as the mighty Cavendish mansion came into view, slowing down to appreciate the more intricate parts of the architecture. "Though it has lost a lot of its quality from my childhood it's nice to see some can still see its beauty." Diana said as she came from behind you. "Just like you." A light blush hit Diana's face upon hearing your words, only for Diana to turn to you with a confused tilt. "I have less quality than when I was a child? That doesn't really make sense."