Vagrant Diana x Male Reader: A New Direction

Summary: Diana never could have thought her life went this wrong, losing everything-even her home. With a few memorabilia, she desperately tries to survive through the city slums, until one day someone gives her a chance.

Word count: 2,4k

~

Hard rain pelted over the dark city, making those who could not cover themselves wet. Not even the fair-skinned girl and her teddy bear were save in the alley they called home until an umbrella started shielding her. "You need a place to stay?" She looked at you, the one who held the umbrella while your other hand stretched out, waiting for her to take it.

She did not think twice.

~

The girl did not speak a word as you traveled to your apartment block, her frail voice only reaching your ears once you walked through the building's hallways. "It's so warm in here..." Her hand trailed across the clean white walls, pulling back when specks of filth from her hand dirtied the barrier. "I'm sorry." She let go of your hand as she stopped walking, apprehensively looking down on the ground.

You tried to reach your hand out. "It's o-" She flinched, tucking her hand deep in her jacket while the other squeezed her bear tight, its loose ear dangling above its barely hanging eye. "I swear I didn't do it on purpose! I-I'm a good girl." She repeated the sentence until you brought your hand back to your side. "It's ok." You said gently, taking out a napkin from your pocket and wiping most of the dirt away from the wall. "See?" You sent her a small smile.

The girl looked at the wall before looking back at you. "No punishment?" Ignoring your confusion You shook your head. "No, why would I do that?"
"Back at the orphanage..." Her tucked hand returned to play with the ears of her teddy, no further words coming out of her as you two stood there for a full minute. "Shall we get going?" You quietly asked, returning to walk once she gave you a small nod.

Eventually, you arrived at your apartment, the familiar numbers on the door greeting you as you used your keys to open the door. The girl curiously looked over your back to see the white door open, her eyes greeted with a group of five doors, one in the middle and flanked by two on either side. As she walked in you closed and locked the door behind her.

You walked by her over to the left door closest to the middle door, unlocking and opening it as you took a step back. "You can rest and sleep here, dinner should be ready soon." She nodded as you went towards the middle door, also unlocking and opening it as you entered it. "If there's anything you need you can knock." The middle door closed and the girl heard a click of it getting locked, leaving her in the apartment's entryway.

She walked into the opened room, observing the minimalistic small bedroom you granted her. It didn't hold much beyond a bed, a desk alongside a table with chairs and finally a drawer, it also held a familiar air combined with a perfume, likely someone trying to get the former stench away with the fruity smell.

The girl took her jacket off, letting it lay on one of the chairs as she went over towards the bed. Deftly sitting on it before letting her body fall on it as she let out a long held-in sigh. Tears starting to fall out of her eyes while she gripped her teddy bear tight against her sweater.

"Are you ok?" She shot up from the bed, looking at you with wide eyes before making them small again. "Yes...Yes, I'm fine." She muttered, sitting on the sides of her bed as you approached her. Holding two plates of pasta she couldn't help but let the water drip out of her mouth at. "If there's anything you need to talk about: I'm here." You said, she gave a small nod. "I understand...I just don't need to talk...today."