8

Anna had been glancing at the bar all night

Anna had been glancing at the bar all night. After the confrontation with her friends a few days ago she had thought to herself... did she really want to go to that place again?

She knew she didn't want to, but it was so hard not to. Alcohol made everything easier. It made her forget her troubles and it made her forget the pain she felt.

Kendall had dragged her to another party. Not that she was complaining entirely, she loved to party. She loved the vibes and she loved to sing her heart out to the songs that played on the speakers.

This one was different. She was craving alcohol, and she saw it everywhere. She was offered many drinks, and she was fighting so hard not to take every single one and drown herself in the liquid, but she didn't.

She didn't want her friends and family to see her like that again. She didn't like the way her sister looked at her as she yelled at them drunkenly. She didn't want her little sister or her little brother to see her like that again. She couldn't handle seeing the disappointment on their face again.

She was on edge. One thing goes wrong and it's all going to go downhill. She thought as she sat in the couch watching Kendall dance with some guy she had just met.

She sighed as she leaned back on the comfy couch. She brought the piece of pizza she had taken from the table to her hand and took a bite. She continued to glance at the bar. She didn't feel herself. She didn't feel like the carefree Anna that came to life at parties. Right now she felt like the depressed kid who had been dragged to a party and had no friends, and that's not who she was.

"We'll look who it is!" Anna hear someone say from beside her. Oh fuck no. Anna thought as she turned her head to see who had just spoken.

"Hey there bestie." Serena said sitting down next to her.

"Fuck this." Anna said getting up as soon as the blonde at down beside her.

"Aw come on you can't still be mad at me." Serena said giving her an emotionless pout.

"uh yea I can." Anna replied giving her a very fake smile.

"You we're gonna leave him anyways." Serena said rolling her eyes and falling back into the couch as she took a sip of her drink.

Anna found herself glancing at the drunk in her hand. "What?"

"Your telling me you wouldn't have left him as soon as you met Harry at that modeling gig a few years back?" Serena asked raising one of her eyebrows.

"No. I wouldn't have. Because that would have made me an unloyal bitch, and that's not who I am. It might be who you are but it's not who I am." Anna said before turning away from the girl.

"Hm that's interesting." Serena continued. "Aren't you the girl who just had two guys at her house a few days ago?" Serena said loud enough for her to hear.

"Shut the fuck up. You have no idea what's going on in my life right now!" Anna said storming over to the girl who had a smug look on her face.

From the crowd of dancing people two people saw the interaction that was going on. Both of them started walking over to the girls with worry on their faces.

"I feel like I know enough." Serena said tilting her head. "Let me guess. Famous model and singer is stuck between two attractive young men and can't decide who's worthy."

Anna's jaw clinched. How dare she act like she knows anything about her life. "Now you listen to me. You don't get to randomly come back into my life and act like you know everything about me. You don't. You know absolutely nothing about what I'm going through and you have no idea what was happening. So don't act like you do." Anna spat at the girl angrily.

Serena's face didn't change. She was glad that she got a reaction out of the girl. "Hm... well-"

"Yea ok let's go." Anna heard someone say from behind her. There was yet another face she didn't want to see tonight.

"Go away Harry." Anna said as she began to walk away from both of them. She could hear Kendall yelling at Serena as she walked towards the bar. "Cosmopolitan please, strong" Anna said to the bar tender.

He walked away from her and began to make her drink. She gave up. She knew she couldn't survive this party without the help of her little friend alcohol. She had tried her best, but she failed.

"Here you go." The bartender said handing her her drink.

As she began to lift the glass to her lips she hesitated. Sure she hasn't been sober for more than a few days, but that's how you start. A few days is the beginning.

"I'm sorry." She whispered as she started to drink the alcoholic beverage. She said sorry to everyone she knew this may effect. She said sorry to her family, to her friends, to Niall because the first time they met she was drunk, and she said sorry to herself. She knew what she was about to get herself into, but she couldn't stop herself. He came back into her life, and now it was all spiraling down again.