Come On, Come On

Come On, Come on by Scott Hardkiss

——

Y/N's POV

Lizzie and I walked hand in hand on the beach after we realized that it is getting a little too cold for our liking. I still have no idea how we ended up holding hands like we're a couple but here we are. Does she even know what she's doing to me?

I glance at her, noticing her shiver, "are you cold? here." I let go of her hand, gently encasing her with the blanket. I ruffle the edges, making sure she's warm and cozy. "Nice and warm."

Lizzie flashes me a warm smile before inserting her fingers in between the cracks of my hand. She slings her other hand around my triceps, letting her head rest against my shoulder. It really doesn't get better than this. I never would have thought I would have her like this with me. At this point in time, I don't care if this is her just being platonic because at the end of the day, I'm rewarded for having her so close to me. I'm willing to take anything I could get. I'll be her sanctuary. And maybe, just maybe, one day, she'll reciprocate the feeling.

"Do you have your phone on you?" Lizzie peers me with a question.

"Yeah, why?"

"Can I see it for a second?" Lizzie unwraps her left hand, gesturing for me to give her my phone. I furrowed my eyebrows questioningly before caving in. I watch as she goes to my Spotify app, looking for a song to play. I veer my attention away from my screen, wanting to be surprised at what she chooses.

She Lays Down by The 1975 begins to play. I personally love this song and I'm glad that she chose to play this. Lizzie came back inside of my arms, getting quite comfortable in it as we walked. The nice calming breeze with the water barely touching our feet adds the cherry on top of this perfect impactful moment. The world could end tomorrow and I would be content with everything that led up to this.

After spending an hour on the beach, we eventually had to come back to my apartment complex. I watch as Lizzie makes her way into my bedroom where my closet is. I couldn't help but let the smile creeping up my face win as she dropped her bag, putting some of her clothes into my dresser. I love how she's casually making herself at home. She doesn't even realize that I followed her because after she had placed all of her clothes in my closet, she made her way to the bathroom where she had slung her toothbrush next to mine. She pulled her lilac colored towel, hanging it loosely next to mine.

"What?" Lizzie asked me as she exited the bathroom. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You're moving in?" I tease.

Lizzie scoffs, "what? I figured since I'm here most of the time, I might as well bring a couple of my things with me."

I chuckle softly, "Lizzie, I'm not complaining. By all means bring as much of your things as you want. I just find it entertaining watching you so focused. It's cute."

I noticed her blush and my heart immediately did all kinds of flips and tricks inside of my chest. I bit my lip and cleared my throat, "anyway, unfortunately, I work tomorrow. I should be back before 7pm though."

"Okay, great because you're almost out of almond milk so I'll go get groceries while you're at work and stock up on some other stuff as well." Lizzie suggests making me feel ecstatic.

"Oh, you don't have to do that." I insist.

"I know but I want to. It's the least I could do after pushing my stay here."

"Bab.. I mean, Lizzie, you're not pushing your stay here. You're more than welcome to stay here for as long as you want." I try to salvage myself from almost calling her baby. I need to control myself before I make her feel weird. "Which brings me to my next point.." I tell her before disappearing into the living room. I rushed toward the coffee table to grab what I needed. I link back up with her, handing her the item. "Here, I figured you'd need that."