Cherry Wine

Cherry Wine by Hozier

——

Y/N's POV

After breakfast, Lizzie and I went back to bed, letting our bodies fall in deep against each other. We took comfort in each other's presence, blocking the reality of the world that's waiting for us.

With my nose nuzzled against the top of her head, I take in her comforting scent, finding the solace my heart longed for. My hand entangles around fingers, our soft laughter invading the vicinity of my room. I feel warm and light on the inside, that everything that ever happened before this moment slowly started to vanish like they never existed.

Lizzie's head lays comfortably on top of my chest, her soft hum music to my ears as I continue to draw imaginary circles on top of her palm.

"Is there anything you want to do today?" I ask. "I don't go in until 5. You have me for at least six more hours."

"No, I just want to stay like this with you until you have to go." Lizzie buries her head deep into my chest, "I love listening to your heartbeat. It lets me know that you're really here with me and that I'm not dreaming."

"Okay baby." I smile softly, embracing her a little tighter than before.

"Can you sing that song for me again?" Lizzie looks up to me, her eyes sparkling.

My heart flutters at the sight, "Which one?"

"The one you were singing earlier."

I smile, "okay." I leaned forward, stealing a quick kiss from her soft lips before I confided on her request.

Lizzie lays down as she moves her head a couple of times until she found the spot she felt the most comfortable in.

"And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now.."

After I had sung her the song, she gazed at me once more, her tender-mesmerizing eyes staring right into my soul. And I could feel it. A sense of comfort, a stirring sensation of happiness. It's like coming home after a long day.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Lizzie asked, the smile on her face is hard to go unnoticed.

I lick my lips together, incapable of hiding my emotions, "I'm just really happy." I hold her tight, keeping her close, "I still think I'm dreaming, so I have to constantly remind myself that you're actually here with me."

Lizzie allows her hand to run freely across my face, tracing along my jawline and down to my chin, "you're not dreaming Y/N. I'm here with you."

I falter within her reach, the contact of her hand against my face is sending shivers down my spine. I close my eyes, letting my cheek rest upon her palm. I focus on the feeling. The feeling of pure happiness and contentment. I want this to last forever.

I place a chaste kiss on her knuckles, "thank you for making me happy."

Lizzie leans in, giving my forehead a gentle-relaxing kiss, "thank you for being you. You're everything I want and more. With you, I feel light. I don't have to try. You understand me in a way no one else ever could. There's no one else like you Y/LN."

We stare into the oblivion of my room, allowing ourselves to fall in deep thought of what our future could entail. There is no telling how everything will turn out to be. Tomorrow could turn everything to shit, but, as of this moment, Lizzie and I are living in the same bubble. A world that we created where, not even for a split second we will ever doubt what we feel toward one another. Despite the lack of words to explain what we truly feel for each other, our actions say it all.