we fell in love in october

we fell in love in october by girl in red

____

Y/N's POV

As the night grew stronger, Lizzie and I decided to go for a night swim despite not having a change of clothes. We acted like two stupid teenagers, splashing water toward each other as our life depends on it. Our laughter fills the still, breezy air of LA, the constant longing gaze we would share when our eyes would lock makes us feel as though we are the only people in the entire world.

We stood still in the shallow area, both of my hands resting calmly beside her face, admiring Lizzie's true essence. Her emerald eyes sparkle brightly through the moonlight, sweeping my heart from its stance. I could feel the soft, gentle beating of my heart as we gaze upon each other as nothing mattered but us.

"You're the blood that runs through my veins, the reason why my heart skips more beats than it should. My happiness, my purpose, it's all you, my love." I spoke gently, allowing my words to caress her. "There is truly no one else like you, Olsen."

Lizzie's smile faintly appears on her face, "There's no one else like you, Y/LN." The sincerity in her voice was enough to give shivers down my spine.

We share a soft, innocent kiss that heals all wounds. Everything else stood still, and nothing mattered but us. The suppressed sound of the waves rushing beneath our feet couldn't be bothered by us. We didn't care about our surroundings and anything else in between. It's truly something beautiful. What we created. Lizzie and I met in a dream-like fate, and it's almost too good to be true. I'm lucky that this is the reality I live in. Yes, this is real. Oh, I sure hope it is.

Lizzie and I walked toward my apartment complex entangled together, her arms slinging loosely against my left. I placed a chaste kiss on her forehead, this moment feeling awful a lot like we just got back from our first date. We showered together like two couples of kids, sharing cute giggles as we washed shampoo off of our hair. I remembered accidentally irritating my eye with the residue of the shampoo liquid and Lizzie laughed at my pain. She teased me about being clumsy and normally I would tease her back, but I let her have her fun. She seems to be enjoying herself and that's more than enough for me.

We didn't feel any ounce of exhaustion, so we decided to munch on some cereal, watching Lucifer. Every once in a while, I would look at her longingly and she would do the same. Everything seems perfect, like the stars are finally starting to align for me. For us.

"Damn, I'm out of cereal already." Lizzie pouted, showing me her bowl.

"Here, have mine babe." I switched our bowl so she could have mine that's still full. "I'll pour myself another one." I gave her a smile, placing a quick but sweet kiss on her lips before making my way to the kitchen.

I plopped myself beside her as soon as my bowl was filled once again. We flashed each other an ear to ear smile before indulging ourselves in the show that's playing on the television.

Three episodes later, Lizzie stood up out of nowhere with a smile plastered on her face.

I squinted my eyes, in thought, "What are you plotting Olsen?" I asked.

"Dance with me." Lizzie offered her hand for me to take.

My face didn't waste any more time before drawing a picture worthy smile, "Okay." I graciously took her hand.

I watched as Lizzie grabbed her phone from the coffee table, in search of a song to play. Seconds later, the music started to play.

(Please play Moon by Sleeping at Last for a sweet, better experience from this point on 😇)