Meant To Be

Meant To Be by Bebe Rexha, Florida Georgia Line

____

Y/N's POV

I promised myself that I wouldn't drive myself insane, overthinking about something I had time to prepare for. But, here I am, staring at myself in front of the mirror, overthinking all of the possible ways I could embarrass myself in front of Lizzie's parents. The weeks flew by fast after the Halloween party because it's already Thanksgiving. I most certainly didn't forget that I'm spending the holiday with her parents because MK made sure to remind me of her excitement.

"Ready to go, baby?" Lizzie popped her head in the doorway.

I nodded, "Ready as I'll ever be." I smiled nervously as I followed her to the living room.

"I have your cherry pie all wrapped and ready to go." Lizzie showed me the box. "They will love this. Especially my mom."

"I sure hope so because the last thing I want is to give someone food poisoning."

"Don't be dramatic, Y/N." Lizzie scoffed, grabbing the car keys from the bowl. "I had some last night and it's by far the best pie I've ever eaten."

"You're just saying that because I'm your girlfriend." I lowered my gaze to my feet as we made our way out of my apartment.

"You really need to stop doubting yourself," Lizzie stated. "You should be more confident because it looks sexy on you." She winked at me playfully. I grinned in return, opening the door for her.

I thought I had calmed myself down because as soon as we pulled away from my apartment complex, I wasn't trembling uncontrollably. But, out of nowhere, the thoughts began to swarm my head like bees like it's out to get me, setting me up for failure. Wow, I really dislike this side of me. Overthinking and driving myself insane.

"You're doing it again." Lizzie pulled me out of my thoughts. "You're staring into the void, probably overthinking."

I chuckled anxiously, "I'm sorry. I just can't help it." I rubbed my clammy hands against my jeans, hoping it would somehow calm me down. But, it didn't. I'm not surprised. "I really want your parents to like me. If after today, they don't, I'll be completely crushed."

"I can tell you now, that won't happen." Lizzie squeezed my hand, comforting me. "They're really excited to meet you. Especially my mom. I think you should be more afraid that you won't be able to leave my house after today because she'll want to keep you in there for as long as she can."

I sighed, "I guess that does make me feel a little better."

"Good because I wouldn't want you to pass later when you sing in front of them," Lizzie tells me, catching me off guard.

"Whoa, sing in front of them? I don't remember agreeing to that."

"That's because you didn't. Just think of it as a contingency because more than likely, you will end up singing something. My sisters, especially MK, made it her job to tell both of my parents that you're a gifted singer. You know how she is."

I chuckled lightly, "What is it with you Olsen sisters telling people that I can sing really well. I'm not that great."

Lizzie scoffed, "Oh please, you're way too humble. Your voice is great. You have to give yourself more credit than you're letting."

I shrugged, "I guess. But, anyway, is there anything I should know about your parents beforehand to get in their good graces? Any interests for a conversation starter?"

"Oh, uh, my mom is really into baking so talk about that with her. As for my dad, he's a really big fan of the Green Bay Packers or anything football related so if you get into a conversation with him about that, you'll get him all riled up and excited."