Love Is Gone

Love Is Gone - Acoustic by Dylan Matthew

______

Y/N's POV

After spending endless nights planning my proposal discreetly with Rosie these past couple of weeks, today is finally the day everything will fall into place. I have no clue how I managed to plan everything without making Lizzie suspicious of me because there were plenty of times where I almost exposed myself. It's hard to plan something when I'm always around her and the only time I ever got the time to plan it was either during my shift and my morning run. It was challenging getting everything I want but with the help of Rosie and her determined ways, nothing is impossible.

"What excuse did you come up with this time to get yourself out of the house?" Rosie asked, making a sharp turn toward the end of the street.

"She's still sleeping when I left, so I just left a note saying I went out for a run."

"Are you excited? After today, you'll technically be off the market." She cheered, throwing a couple of harmless jabs on my arm.

I rolled my eyes, "Excited doesn't even cover it. I honestly can't wait for tonight. I just know that after today, our future starts." I said with a smile on my face as I pulled the ring out of my pocket. "I'm going to make her the happiest woman alive. I'm so in love with her."

"Awww, that's so sweet. I'm really happy for you, bitch." Rosie mumbled softly. "You both deserve all the happiness in the world. I better be the maid of honor when you two get married."

"It's set in stone, whore." I scoffed. "It's mandatory at this point."

"Better be."

"But, anyway, how are things with you and Margot?" I steered the spotlight to her. "Trouble in paradise?"

She shook her head, "No, actually things are good. We've gone on a lot of dates, mostly stuff I planned because she's always busy with work. But, we've gotten to know each other on a deeper level and it's safe to say that this girl might be the one."

"Wow, that's amazing. I don't think I've heard you talk about someone like that before. I'm super fucking happy for you and Margot." I praised, flashing her a sweet smile.

"Bitch, I'm really excited for you!" Rosie cheered, shaking my arm vigorously. "Like, the way you're proposing, it's making me want to cry. If a girl ever proposes to me like the way you're doing, I would say yes before she even gets down on one knee."

"What can I say? Lizzie deserves the best and I'm going to give her that tonight." My mind drifts off to my proposal, and my heart leaps of happiness. "We're going to be together forever."

I gawked at the piece of jewelry resting in between my thumb and index finger, my gaze never leaving the way it shimmers. It's crazy to think that I'm holding something I'll be putting in her ring to show her that there is no one else I would rather spend the rest of my life with than her. Today is the day pure happiness begins. No sadness, just pure bliss, and I can't wait.

It took Rosie and I longer than I anticipated to add the finishing touches to my plan, but everything is done. I just have to bring Lizzie here and go from there. I'm excited and nervous at the same time that I could feel my heart beating out of my chest like it could escape me any second. I want things to be perfect, and they will be. Tonight will be perfect. The start of something great.

Before I came back to my apartment complex, I stopped by Italian place Lizzie and I ate at a few months ago that she really liked. Since it's basically almost lunch, I decided to get the same meal she got last time to start her day right. I didn't make her breakfast this morning and she texted me thirty minutes ago saying that she just woke up. Sooner rather than later, I've made it back. I couldn't contain my excitement to see her that I almost fell going up the stairs. My heart is in shambles right now trying to contain the overgrowing excitement coursing through my body.