I Kissed A Girl

I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry

——

Y/N's POV

It's been a week since I've last seen Lizzie. She sent me a couple text messages here and there but I ignored all of them. I'm surprised that she hasn't barged into my house considering that she has a copy of my key. It's probably for the best that I don't see her at all because seeing them together really took a toll on me. I've been going to the gym three times a day when I'm off, doing mostly cardio. I've been spending time with Margot these past couple of days, simply because she needs help moving some of her stuff into her new apartment. She'll be staying in LA for a year, then she'll probably end up getting stationed somewhere else.

The cut on my eyebrow is starting to heal but I know it'll scar. It kind of personified my situation at the moment. Like, I know as of right now I'm hurting a little less because I haven't seen Lizzie and I'm trying everything in my power to avoid social media and seeing their face together. But, I know deep down that the second I lay my eyes on her again, the feeling will come rushing back to me.

"Here's your iced caramel macchiato." Rosie hands me my coffee before throwing herself into my couch.

"Thank you." I flashed her a smile before taking a sip of my beverage.

"So, tell me, you're still giving Olsen the cold shoulder?" Rosie cocked her eyebrows, observing my body language.

I play with the lid of my coffee cup before answering, "yes, I am."

Rosie sighs, "you know it's not her fault. I mean, you were aware of the fact that she's engaged."

I bite my lip in thought, "yes, I know but you should've seen the way she was acting with me. She acted like she felt the same way about me. All of her sudden affection, her words, they were all very convincing. But, now it turns out that she doesn't feel the same way." I stop rambling.

"How do you know she doesn't?"

"If she does, she would've been here. With me. Instead of Robbie." I exhale loudly, taking another chug at my coffee.

"Y/N, I love you and all but you have to put yourself in her situation. She's probably just as confused as you are. Maybe even more. But, they're engaged so I think that she's just conflicted." Rosie makes her points known. She's always very open minded when it comes to situations like these.

"Conflicted or not, she still hurt me." I fight back. "Yes, I know she's engaged but that doesn't give her a free pass to play with my feelings. Rosie, we almost kissed. Twice. The first time we were almost going to kiss if she hadn't gotten that call. So, now, tell me, am I still being irrational about my feelings?"

Rosie lays a hand on my lap, "I didn't think you were in the beginning. I know you're hurting right now. I understand why you're separating yourself from her. Yes, it's fucked up that she acted like you guys were a couple. I get that. Just, be careful of every little decision you make from this point forward because I don't want you regretting it. Just do what makes you happy."

I nod in agreement, "since when did you get so humble?" I poke fun at her as she glared at me playfully.

"Hater." Rosie throws a pillow at me, which I blocked. "So, I heard Margot is back and you guys have been out and about. What's that about?"

"Don't even start." I roll my eyes at her. "I'm just helping her settle into her new apartment. That's it."

"So, this is not you trying to get back with her?" Rosie teases me.

"That ship had sailed a long time ago. And plus, my heart belongs to someone else." I play with the fabric of the couch pillow. I look at Rosie as she waits for my answer. I decided to mess with her. "Scarlet Johansson already marked the territory. She basically owns me. I don't make the rules."