Winter Things

Winter Things by Ariana Grande

______

Lizzie's POV

It's finally the month of December. My favorite month of all. I love all of the festivities that go with it and the all around vibe that it gives off.Y/N and I have spent the last thirty minutes driving around LA looking for a place to buy a real Christmas tree. We both wanted it to be real and buying a fake one does not cut it for the both of us, especially when it's the first time we'll be spending Christmas with each other. I know for a fact that there will be many more to come. I know that. No one can tell me otherwise.

"Ooooh, what about this one? It's tall, big, and very green." Y/N pointed at the tree next to me. "I think this is it. I can feel it."

I scrunch my nose, "You think so?" I asked, getting a feel of the branches.

"I know so. I can already picture it in my living room." Y/N tip-toed next to me. "Close your eyes and picture it. Full of trinkets and decorations, along with bright lights, the shiny star on top, and a handful of gift boxes under them. Oh, and don't forget, our living room will be decked with Christmas decorations and anything else that you might want to add."

My eyes glimmer with pure happiness, "Well, when you put it like that, then, this is our tree. Let's go buy it."

"Great, I'll go get the guy, you stay put, okay love?" Y/N gave my forehead a kiss before running off somewhere excitedly.

I looked at the tree longingly, picturing what Y/N described to me. I could see it in my head play out like a film. The thought itself was more than enough to make me feel genuinely happy with myself like how I've been these past couple of weeks. Y/N have been the best at everything and her constant cute spontaneous date ideas were the cherry on top of the great days I've found myself upon. I really don't deserve someone like her. She's such an angel. A pure good-hearted soul that's meant for greatness.

We struggled to get the Christmas tree in her apartment despite the help of the movers, but somehow, they managed to get it inside the apartment and at the spot where we wanted it.

"Babe, I got an idea." Y/N snaked her arms around me, burying her chin on my shoulder. "We should go bake some Christmas cookies before we start decorating so by the end of it, we'll have a fully decorated living room while we binge-watch Christmas movies. What do you say?"

I smile at the idea, "I would love that. Let's do it."

Y/N and I excitedly prepped all of the ingredients and laid them flat on the countertop. I start to think of a plan of execution, unaware of the fact that she had said something to me that I completely ignored.

"Did you hear what I said?" Y/N asked with a grin on her face.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I said, do you want me to start doing the measurements, or would you rather do it yourself?" Y/N reminds me once more.

I chuckle breathily, "Oh, I'll do that. Why don't you be my little assistant since I'm a better baker." I tease her.

"Damn, break my heart, why don't you." She feigned, covering her chest as if I stabbed her. I would never hurt her precious heart. "Make sure to save some flour for the gingerbread house later with Maya. She's stopping by later."

"We're babysitting?"

"Yes, we are."

"Oh, great because I miss her so much." My heart smiles at the thought of the little kid and our bond. "She's so adorable and pure and I just love her so much."