you were good to me

you were good to me by Jeremy Zucker

_______

Y/N's POV

It's the tenth hour of our flight back to LA and I couldn't bring myself to go to sleep. Lizzie on the other hand though is knocked out against my shoulder with our hands intertwined. I'm jealous that she's been asleep the entire flight, while I'm over here struggling to even close my eyes. I've always hated flying and I'm always getting a headache every single time. Underneath the lack of sleep and energy, I couldn't stop smiling at the thought of proposing to Lizzie. I took a quick peek at her sleeping body before pulling the ring out of pocket and gawking at it longingly.

I plan on proposing to her on our anniversary, which is less than a month away. I've already got a plan on how everything is going to go. Thinking about it feels exhilarating and it's only making the big surprise ten times better. I looked at the ring, then back to Lizzie, and my heart fluttered like never before. I'm looking forward to our future together and things can only get better from here. Two more weeks until I'll ask her to spend the rest of her life with me.

I was ecstatic to finally get off this damn plane after being cooped up for fourteen hours. After baggage claim, Lizzie and I waited outside for MK to pick us up from the airport. I'm honestly really exhausted and it's obvious that I didn't get that much sleep during the flight.

"I can't wait to take the biggest nap when we get home." I yawned as I stretched my stiff muscles out.

"Do you work tomorrow?"

I exhaled exasperatedly, "Sadly, yes. But, I'm only working for five hours instead of ten, so I guess it's not all bad."

Lizzie stood up on her tippy toes, "I could give you a massage when you get back from work tomorrow... and maybe with a happy ending?" She whispers seductively in my ear, sending shivers down my spine.

I fluttered my eyes closed for a second, "I think I'd like that." I licked my lips together, feeling a little bit turned on.

Lizzie slapped my ass, "I got you, baby." She smirked.

I laughed to myself, completely finding her little sexual innuendos amusing. After waiting for fifteen minutes, MK finally pulled up. She parked the vehicle by the curb and quickly got off the car, rushing past Lizzie to give me a tight hug.

"Oh my god, I've missed you so much." MK tightened her embrace. "How was your trip?"

I chuckled, "It was great and I've missed you too!" I returned the favor.

"I'm here too, you know. Your sister." Lizzie cleared her throat, catching both of our attention. "Did you forget about me or something?"

"And who are you again?" MK cracked a joke, making Lizzie throw her a harmless punch. "I'm kidding. I've missed you too little sis. Not as much as I miss Y/N, but you're up there I guess."

Lizzie rolled her eyes, "Anyway, how's little Ollie doing? I've missed him more than I miss you."

I snickered louder than I intended to, and that made Lizzie smirk, "Touche, Lizzie. He's in the back." MK pointed.

After shoving both of our luggage in the trunk, I sat in front while Lizzie voluntarily sat in the back to play with Ollie, petting him soothingly. The little pup laid comfortably on her lap, probably fast asleep. MK and I talked about whatever she brought up, and I swear, this girl never runs out of things to talk about. She's funny though, not going to lie.

Eventually, we got to the apartment complex and bid our goodbyes to MK. I couldn't stop laughing when she told me that she's having separation anxiety once again watching me leave because she personally feels like we haven't been hanging out that much lately. I wanted to slack and unpack later, but Lizzie teased me about how being lazy is not the way to go. So, I obliged her request and we unpacked our clothes together. We separated the dirty clothes from the clean ones and made two separate piles so we could just put them in the washer later on.