Missing Piece

Missing Piece by David Choi

——

Y/N's POV

The rest of our day consisted of staying in bed and binge-watching Lucifer. Being so close to her gives me a sense of happiness that I only get when I'm around her. I would never be able to explain it to anyone to understand, but it's the type of connection that makes you feel appreciated. It's nothing but pure bliss.

Even though Lizzie insisted on keeping her distance between us because she's still sick, I still found a way to be as close to her as possible. I would rather get sick than be in the same room as her and not be able to enclose the distance. Like usual, she laid comfortably on my chest, allowing her fingers to run freely in between the cracks of my hand. It has become a natural gesture and it's one of my favorite things that she does to me. I don't think she realizes her actions, but I enjoy it nonetheless.

When the day finally came to a close, Lizzie and I got ready for bed. She naturally nuzzled her body as close to mine as possible, craving physical contact. Her soft, innocent moan as she searches for the comfortable spot against my chest warms my heart. Her familiar scent makes me feel content to the fullest. I'm literally holding my entire happiness.

"I never would've thought that my day would end like this." Lizzie breathes softly, gaining hold of my hand, letting her fingers slip through the cracks. "Thank you for being my hero."

"That's all I ever wanted to be," I murmured under my breath. "I'll always be here whenever you need me."

I live by that. No matter the distance, I'm willing to drop everything I'm doing to be with her. To make her happy. No one is truly busy for someone. If they matter, you would find a way to make time for them. Anything in between is just a lame excuse that people use to justify their actions in order to not feel guilty for turning someone down.

"I hope I'm not dreaming because I sure do want to wake up to the sight of you," Lizzie spoke almost like she wanted to weep. "Will you still be here when I wake up?"

I place a gentle kiss on top of her head, "of course baby. I'll be here."

"Okay, goodnight my love." Lizzie yawned, encasing her arm on top of my stomach, our legs entangling one another.

I sigh softly with a smile on my face, "goodnight bub."
Just like that, I fell asleep with her. That night, Lizzie and I both dreamt of each other. A possible future with each other is shown right before our eyes and I can't wait to make those a reality. Only time will tell if they're going to come true. I sure hope they do.

The next morning, when I began to stir awake, the first thing that my eyes set upon was the sight of Lizzie gazing at me with a tender smile on her face. It took a second for my eyes to adjust but when they finally did, I was able to gain sight of my beautiful girlfriend. Her soft fingers are drawing imaginary lines along the side of my temple. I take comfort within her touch, my entire heart glowing with pleasure.

"Good morning babe," Lizzie said softly. "I'm sorry if I woke you up. I couldn't help myself." She chuckled quietly, her index finger now playing against my eyebrow.

I smile in return, "no, don't be. I love what you're doing." I close my eyes for a split second, letting myself fall in deep with her simple contact. "How are you feeling?"

"Better now that you're awake." Her hand slowly makes its way into my hair, brushing it soothingly. "I think it's safe to stay that you're my medicine."

"I am?"

"Yes, but you know what this means right?"

"Hmmm?"