In My Dreams

In My Dreams by Tearliner

____

Y/N's POV

I began to stir into consciousness the second I felt a slight pressure against my exposed back, imaginary lines being drawn. I slowly fluttered my eyes open, Lizzie's breathtaking face was the first I laid my eyes upon. I smile almost immediately, already starting my day on the right foot.

"Good morning sweetheart," I mumble to a whisper, my eyes not adjusting to the brightness of the room. "How was your sleep?"

"It was amazing. Yours?"

I buried my head against Lizzie's chest, slinging my arms around her waist, "The best." I sighed in satisfaction as she began to play with my hair, rubbing my scalp soothingly.

"We should make breakfast together," Lizzie suggested, planting a few short kisses along my temples. "It could be fun."

"Five more minutes like this baby. Please." I begged like a child, nuzzling my head further into her chest. My whole body deflates, completely surrendering myself to her. I'm so vulnerable right now but I don't mind that in the slightest. It's refreshing to be the one lacking in control. Besides, Lizzie is so much better.

The silence grew between us but they weren't awkward at all. It was quiet, yet comfortable. Her presence was more than enough for me. I wish I could stay here forever. My home.

"Baby, are you awake?" Lizzie asked, playing with my baby hair. "There's something I have to tell you."

"Hmmm.." I dragged, too lazy to form a coherent sentence.

"How would you feel about going with me to Scarlett's little get-together for dinner tonight at her place?"

That definitely woke me up. It was like someone had used an EKG to revive my body. Suddenly, I find myself in sort of an anxious state, unable to think for myself. I get a little starstruck when it comes to Scarlett.

"Also, I hope you're not mad, but I might've told Scar that you'd be willing to perform a song or two at her party.." That was it for me. I'm internally shaking inside.

I looked up at her, my eyes trying to escape my sockets, "I'm sorry, did you just say that we're going to Scarlett's dinner party and that I'm performing a song or two?" I asked for reassurance. I could be dreaming the words I heard. You never know. None of this could be real. Who really knows?

Lizzie nodded, "Yes, I did. I hope that's okay."

"It is, I'm just a little nervous about performing in front of people I don't know. And plus, Scar will be there to watch me sing." I freak out a little bit, but I'm not hysterical. Not yet anyway. "That's something you don't hear every day."

"I'm pretty sure you'll do great." Lizzie ran her index finger on my nose.

"How can you be so sure?"

"Because, you're my girl." Lizzie stated confidently. "And my girl always does well with spontaneous things."

I blushed, "How do you always know what to say when I'm in distress?"

"It's my job, now come here so I can shower you with kisses." She pulled me closer, her soft pair of lips swarming my face with heartwarming kisses. Our laughter invaded my bedroom, neglecting all of the problems that could potentially be waiting for us.

~

As lazy as we were, we stayed in bed for at least an hour before we decided to get up. Lizzie and I showered together, she would put shampoo in my hair and I would do the same thing for her. In the middle of it, her nerdy side came out. With the shampoo residue, Lizzie sculpted a shark's fin, pretending like she's a shark ready to eat me. I wanted to tease her because her choice of words when she was trying to get a taste of me all sounded dirty, but I didn't say anything. I let her nerdy side shine, the entertainment too much for my heart to handle.