Supermarket Flowers

Supermarket Flowers by Ed Sheeran

——

Y/N's POV

It's been a little over a week since Lizzie had left to do her radio interviews across the east coast. I miss her so much. My apartment feels so empty without her presence. Even with all the lights shinning ever so brightly around the vicinity of my apartment, I've never seen such a gray-lifeless dark room before. Every time I come home, it feels as though I don't belong here. Like a piece of me is missing.

Despite the distance between us, we have managed to keep up with communication via text, phone calls, and facetime. So far, it's been consistent and we haven't missed any scheduled phone calls every night. Even with the slight time difference, I've been able to keep up with sending her good morning messages since she wakes up bright and early for photoshoots and interviews. So, in hindsight, it's not all bad.

With my routine consisting of going to work and spending a couple of hours in the gym, I've found my battle rhythm. It's almost like I never met Lizzie. It reminded me of my life before her. It felt new even though it's what I've known to do these past couple of years.

In deep thought, I didn't even know that my phone had been buzzing nonstop. After work, I immediately plopped myself onto my couch because it has been a long day. I never knew I could sweat as much as I did. I look at the screen of my phone. It's Rebecca.

R- Hey, are you busy?

Y/N- No, I just got back home like fifteen minutes ago. I'm just trying to get my energy back together. You had me dancing like a maniac all night.

R- Don't be a wuss! Can I come over? I have your favorite snacks. We can binge watch Lucifer.

Y/N- That sounds tempting..

R- Exactly! So can I go order an uber to come over?

Y/N- Listen, as much as I want to binge watch my favorite show, I can't. I have a scheduled facetime with my girlfriend in an hour and I really miss hearing her voice. I'm sorry.

R- What a simp. Fine. But you owe me okay?

Y/N- Of course.

R- Okay, I guess I'll let you go. Goodnight weirdo.

Y/N- see you tomorrow Becca.

As soon as I ended the phone call, I hurried myself inside the shower. I feel disgusting and sweaty. I can't be looking like a hot mess when I facetime Lizzie. After my quick shower, I settled comfortably on my bed before grabbing my phone from the nightstand. I feel excited thinking about talking to her. I've had a long tiring day and the thought of her and her soothing voice always manages to make me feel better.

I facetime her. It rings a couple of times before she finally answers. She's also laying down on her bed comfortably while her favorite lilac colored blanket covers her mouth. Lizzie looks so fucking cute that my heart could explode.

L- Hey baby, I've been waiting for your call.

Y/N- I'm sorry it took so long. I took a quick shower. It's been an exhausting day.

L- Is everything okay?

Y/N- Yeah, it was just a very busy day. The club was packed with people. The usual. What about you? How was your day?

L- Same thing. The usual. I did a couple of photoshoots for Rolling Stone magazine and I did an insider scoop for the movie. Then, after I went to The Dom Giordano Program for the interview.

Y/N- Sounds like a lot. Did you eat dinner?

L- Yes, I had quinoa salad with grilled chicken. What about you babe?