XVIII

Omniscient
May 30th

"You got to be gentle with it princess

"You got to be gentle with it princess." Cepheus chuckled as he reached out to adjust the puppy in Crystal's small arms. She smiled up at him widely, all of her teeth showing as she allowed him to do all the work.

"Daddy can you get me more puppies? Because mommy said I can't keep this one." Cepheus raised an eyebrow, because that was far from what they had agreed on.

From the time she was around 2, Cepheus and Renae knew that Crystal had a special love for animals. Specifically dogs, that coming from all of the time she spent at Cepheus' house and with his dogs. They didn't want to get her a pet of her own until she got a little older since she would have to learn about the responsibility of having one. But since she was almost 5, Cepheus went ahead and bought her the puppy, which him and Renae both agreed to.

"What you mean she said you can't keep it?" Petting the puppy gently, Crystal gave it a small kiss before looking back up at Cepheus.

"Mommy been being mean to me a lot, she was yelling at me and she hit me when I-."

"She did what?!" Cepheus quickly apologized because he didn't mean to yell at her, but the thought of physical harm happening to her in any way, shape, or form had him on the verge of losing it. He genuinely couldn't care less about the reasoning, he didn't, and would never support physical discipline to his child.

"Because after she told me I can't keep Oreo, I started crying. She told me to shut up, but I didn't because I was sad, so then she hit me." Running his hand down his face, Cepheus adjusted his hoodie as he stood to his feet.

"Stay right here with Oreo, imma be right back okay?" Crystal only nodded before putting her attention back on her puppy. Leaning down to give her a quick kiss on her forehead, Cepheus took one last glance at Crystal before making his way into his house where Renae was.

As soon as her and Crystal got back to his house, she started throwing a fit about something that her "home girl" told her while she was away. It had to do with Cepheus and another woman, but he wasn't paying her any mind.

Jogging his way up towards his bedroom, he skipped every other step to get upstairs faster. He didn't have a clear headspace, only thing he wanted to do was smash Renae's head against a wall until he was certain she wasn't breathing anymore. Especially considering the fact that the reason for Crystal getting hit was dumb, and ultimately it was Renae's fault she was even crying in the first place.

"Give me 2 good reasons why I shouldn't kill you right the fuck now." Cepheus grit, yanking Renae's head back by her hair, his body pressed up behind her as he stared at their reflection through his bathroom mirror.

Fear flashed through her eyes, having no clue as to what exactly was happening. When she first heard Cepheus making his way upstairs, she was actually getting ready to confront him for the panties that she seen in the middle of his bedroom floor which belonged to Cassia. But from the way he stormed into the bathroom and from the look in his eyes, she kept mute.