XXXIII

Omniscient
November 9th

"We're going to see your mom after this right?" Cassia asked softly, just as Cepheus pulled into the parking space right on the side of the large building.

Running his hand over the top of his head, he simply nodded, saying nothing to her. Sighing to herself, Cassia glanced out of the window as she waited for him to get himself together so they could walk in together.

3 months...exactly 3 months of being together and things seemed to be looking up for Cassia. She felt content, happy, and overall at peace since the night where she admitted to him how she truly felt. Although he hadn't said it back, it changed nothing in their relationship.

Still with no words coming from his mouth, Cepheus grabbed his phone from out of the cup holder before stepping out of the car. Walking around the front, he did his usual routine of opening her door for her and helping her out, a blush never failing to spread across her face at his small gesture.

"Thank you." She smiled, watching as he closed her door back before wrapping his left arm around her waist. The two starting on their way towards the front of the building, Cassia's heart nearly pounding out of her chest the closer they got.

"Calm down baby." Cepheus mumbled, his left hand gently caressing her side. Once she looked up at him he leaned down, giving her a small peck on her lips to settle her nerves a little bit.

"You know you don't have to come with me, I know you don't like these places and-."

"Cassia, we been together for how long? I told you imma be there for you and I meant that, so let's go." Feeling her cheeks heating up once again, Cassia only nodded, waiting as Cepheus opened the front door for her which she thanked him for once again.

He couldn't deny the fact he didn't want to be there because he really didn't, him and courtrooms not meshing at all. He wanted absolutely nothing to do with anything that fell in line with the government or any legal teams. But since watching and being present throughout this entire process of the divorce, and being that he was her boyfriend and with that came being her support system, he wouldn't feel right leaving her alone.

"Wait before we go in there!" Cassia called out, squeezing down on Cepheus' hand to stop him. Turning to face her, he allowed her to pull him over to a random direction in the hallway that was isolated.

"We got like 5 minutes, what's wrong?" Running her hand down his torso to smooth out the button down shirt Cassia made him wear, she nibbled on her bottom lip as she focused on straightening him out.

"When we go in there, I'm not sure if things are going to go smooth. But whatever happens, I need you to behave. No outbursts, no getting angry, no cursing-."

"I love the way you acting like I ain't a grown ass man. I know how to handle myself in a court room Cassia." Raising an eyebrow, she put all her weight on her right leg before crossing her arms over her chest.

"I've known you for almost a year, you don't know how to handle yourself anywhere. You tried to have sex with me multiple times when you were a patient trying to heal, but you expect me to believe you can have self control in a courtroom?" Sucking his teeth, Cepheus childishly stepped on her foot before turning to walk towards the door. Hissing, Cassia tightened her lips to refrain from letting out a sound of disapproval.

"You're so childish and annoying." She mumbled as she walked past him, clutching her purse in her hand.

"Awwww and what do you plan on doing about that Ms. Taylor." Cepheus mockingly whined with his bottom lip poked out. Rolling her eyes, Cassia nudged him with her hip before pulling open the door for the courtroom, ignoring his obnoxious laughing behind her.