XXXII

Omniscient
August 8th

"Cepheus I'm tired, I had a very long day can you just drop me to the house?" Glancing over at her quickly as he merged into the lane next to them, Cepheus said nothing as he grabbed his Gatorade from the middle cup holder, extending his hand to g...

"Cepheus I'm tired, I had a very long day can you just drop me to the house?" Glancing over at her quickly as he merged into the lane next to them, Cepheus said nothing as he grabbed his Gatorade from the middle cup holder, extending his hand to give it to her.

Staring down at his hand, Cassia laid her head up against the window in annoyance. "What am I supposed to do with this?"

"You said you tired right? This an energy drink, if you was really tired you would take anything you could get wouldn't you?" Rolling her eyes, she pushed his hand away as she pulled her phone from out of her purse.

"I've been up since 4 in the morning, it's going on 11 and I have to be at work by 8-."

"Cassia I don't want to bring you with me, but the crib all the way on the other side of town. I got some shit to handle right quick, you can come in with me and take a nap in one of the rooms or something. I ain't gon take too long." Letting out an annoyed breath, Cassia said nothing as she looked back out the window, seeing the trees flying past them from how fast he was speeding.

This wasn't the first time he brought her with him somewhere and told her he wouldn't be long. Each time he said it, he ended up keeping her wherever they were for hours at a time. Most times she wouldn't mind because she enjoyed being in his presence, but not when it was late at night and her day was filled with nothing but meetings.

Turning up the radio slightly to drown out the silence, Cepheus gripped the steering wheel in his left hand with his right arm resting on the middle console. He drove with the windows down, since it was nearing the end of Summer but it was still hot. Not hot enough for the AC, but hot enough for the outside breeze.

"Where exactly are we going...?" Cassia finally spoke up, seeing Cepheus turn down what looked to be an abandoned road.

She had never in her life been around here. It looked as though it was somewhere in the suburbs, but the specific road they were driving on was dark and isolated. There were no buildings that lined the gravel road, only trees without streetlights. Forcing Cepheus to slow down and drive with his high beams on to know exactly where he was going.

"I just got a little bit of work to do, couple niggas was getting out of hand and they claimed it was urgent." Squeezing her eyes shut, Cassia sat straight to look over at him. She made sure to focus on her breathing so that she didn't panic, but all that came to her mind from the word "work" was killing since she now knew he did that.

"So what exactly are you going to do?" Glancing over at her, Cepheus chuckled once seeing the worried expression on her face.

"You know you gon see me kill somebody one of these days, I don't know why you be acting all nervous. As long as I ain't hurting you then we good right?" He smiled as he grabbed her hand, his eyes gradually changing color before he turned his attention back towards the road.