XLV

March 22nd
Omniscient

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Crystal, Happy birthday to you! Blow out your candles baby!" Cassia smiled, boosting Crystal up onto her right leg to help her blow them all out

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Crystal, Happy birthday to you! Blow out your candles baby!" Cassia smiled, boosting Crystal up onto her right leg to help her blow them all out. Hearing the claps and cheers from everyone around them, Cassia kissed her cheek before placing her back down to her feet where she ran off energetically.

"That little girl never gets tired." Jamila spoke up, holding her newborn baby girl in her arms. Adjusting the top of her blue dress, Cassia only smiled, the sight of her niece, Leigha, allowing her to feel a wave of happiness.

"You should see her when she has sleepovers with Camree, those 2 are terrible." Cassia chuckled, watching as Crystal danced with her little sister. Sitting down in the chair she had occupied for the entirety of the day, she crossed her legs over each other while looking out at everybody.

"You seem like you're doing good today." Jamila began speaking again, sitting down in the chair right next to her. Weakly smiling to herself, Cassia released a small breath while moving her hair from out of her face.

"I'm...doing better than most days. I feel like since I left from out of his house, I've been able to work on the healing process a lot more. Being around him was bringing me nothing but anger and hurt that I couldn't even express, since 1 wrong word and there he was hitting me and kicking me around. He's doing a lot worse than me I think, I don't know. I haven't really seen him since I left that day." Cassia spoke with a small smile, proud of the words leaving her mouth.

After the death of her parents, she was in such a terrible state when it came to the grieving process. The guilt that she carried with her, knowing that her finger was the one touching the trigger would stick with her forever. Even if it was technically pulled by Cepheus, the feeing of the cold metal will forever be engraved in her mind.

She became depressed for a couple months, still in that depressive state if she was being honest. It had been almost 4 months since their passing, but every time she closed her eyes, nightmares of the moment it all happened flashed through her mind. It had gotten so bad to the point where she turned to drugs, consuming with Cepheus. She would go all day with him just being high, having sex, and acting wild. She drank and smoked, most of the time the weed being laced, but it helped her to take her mind off of everything that was going on.

After a while though, she was able to break away from the habits of drinking and smoking. However she did still sometimes intake the drugs he was taking, having her own supply since she wasn't speaking with Cepheus. She only took it in for times where her parents were heavy on her mind, and never when Crystal was around since she went by Mariah a lot.

"He's not coming to the party?" Shrugging, Cassia grabbed her caprisun from off the table in front of her to drink from it.

"I never said he couldn't come so I'm not sure, you have to ask Mariah who-."