XXXVII

Omniscient
December 3rd

"Leaving so soon?" Winter asked, her naked body coming from out of her bathroom to see Cepheus standing by the foot of the bed pulling his shirt over his head

"Leaving so soon?" Winter asked, her naked body coming from out of her bathroom to see Cepheus standing by the foot of the bed pulling his shirt over his head. Turning back to face her, he rolled his eyes before placing his attention back on the mirror in front of him.

"I should've been gone." He mumbled, clasping his chain together behind his neck before straightening out his jacket.

He didn't even have much clothes over there, making due with what he could for the past 4 days he been at Winter's house. He participated in the same routine each day, getting high as a kite and then taking out his hurt and anger on her body. The thought of Cassia had repeatedly tried to make it's way to the front of his head, which was why he took in the drugs as strongly as he did. They took his mind off of not only her, but also his grief.

"Wifey must be looking for you-."

"Stop bringing her up." He mumbled, as he swiped his phone from off of the dresser. Flicking his nose with his index finger, he shook his head a little bit to settle the 2 lines he had just done to calm himself down. He knew by the time he got back home, Cassia would have probably been ready to throw a fit.

4 days without her boyfriend right after they had gotten into their worst altercation, then not to mention because he had locked her inside, there was no way for her to leave. Which meant missing work for 4 days without any communication to her job since she had broken her phone on the first night he was gone.

"My bad, I was just making an observation on how unfaithful you're being. Sucks to live in your truth I guess." Winter chuckled as she made her way over to her bed. Sarcastically laughing with her, Cepheus grabbed one of her perfume bottles before chucking it at her head. Immediately her body fell to the ground, making him genuinely laugh this time. He could see the blood start to leak from her head as she let out agonizing cries due to the glass breaking on her head.

"My bad, I was just making an observation on how far I could throw that bottle. Sucks you was in the way I guess." He shrugged, before grabbing the small baggie of cocaine from off of her dresser and making his way out of the room without another word.

Although he wasn't sober, he was aware of his surroundings enough to where he could drive to and from where he needed to be. His vision was a bit hazy and words slurred, but other than that he was completely fine. The drugs numbed him well, stopped him from getting lost in his thoughts for too long.

Speeding out of Winter's driveway, he cracked the window slightly as he drove with one hand. Pulling his phone from out of his jacket pocket, he attempted to call Cassia, but it had only went straight to voicemail. Furrowing his eyebrows, Cepheus tried again, but the same thing happened. Running his free hand down his face, he let out a breath, assuming she wasn't answering the phone because she was still upset about what had happened. Causing him to take a sharp turn into the Stop & Shop parking lot that he seen to the right of him.