XXXV

19 years earlier...

With his head in his hands, a young 7 year old Cepheus sat in the corner of his bedroom completely isolated. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he rocked back and forth, voices that he couldn't identify flowing through his head rapidly. The voices encouraging him to perform self harm, something that he had never in his life experienced or knew of until that moment.

Just do it, nobody will miss you. Slash it, go ahead.

The main one spoke to him, referring to the scissors that he held in his trembling hand. He wanted to scream, call out for his mother or his brother, but every time he opened his mouth, he felt as though someone closed it for him. He didn't know what it was, but he was sure he had no control over his body, and to be so young, he was terrified.

"I don't want to do it." He whispered, his bright green eyes glossy and scared.

I said do it, you must listen before you get in trouble Caicey.

"Please stop calling me that, my name is Cepheus." He cried, the name Caicey making him sick to his stomach. It was the name the voices always called him, whenever they wanted him to inflict harm on others, or in this case, himself.

Your name is Caicey, slash it now.

The voice boomed, making Cepheus jump. Staring straight ahead at his room door, his rocking slowly slowed down into a seized position. He sat completely still, statue like, nothing being heard except for his soft breaths since his crying had come to a halt. He watched as his door knob rustled, just as he raised the scissors up to line his wrist. He knew he was being called out to from the other side of the door, but the voice of the individual was so faint in his ears to the point it was barely heard.

"Cepheus, open this door baby please. It's mommy, I'm here to help you." Rose pleaded on the other end of the door, but she knew her words were only falling on deaf ears. With slow tears running down her face, she immediately turned around to jet towards her room, remembering that she had a spare key for her son's bedroom right in her dresser drawer.

"What the hell wrong with you-."

"Please, not now Tyran." She mumbled to her husband as she searched through the top drawer. Sighing to herself in frustration, she almost gave up until she felt the cold metal on the tip of her fingers. Wasting no time in grabbing the key, she quickly rushed out of the room without a second glance back.

Sticking the key into the lock, she could hear Cepheus holding a clear and distinct conversation on the other side of the door. He wasn't speaking like a 7 year old little boy, he was speaking very properly and adult like, using big words as though he wasn't in the second grade.

"Cepheus- oh my God." Rose whispered, seeing her son staring up at her with bright green eyes and a sinister look on his face. Her eyes then diverted down to his hands where he had the scissors still pressed into his wrist. No incision yet, but it was clear that would be his next move.

Immediately rushing towards him, she snatched him up roughly by his arm that held the scissors before yanking them out of his hand. Hearing him whine under her, she ignored him as she threw them to the other side of the room before picking him up to place him on his bed.

"Baby what's wrong?" She spoke softly as she crouched down in front of him, watching as his eyes softened back to the Cepheus that she knew. The sinister look on his face fading as she seen the helpless little boy that she hadn't encountered in so long. She watched as the tears welled in his eyes before they fell at an uncontrollable rate.