XLII

December 25th
Omniscient

"This damn girl gon be the death of me

"This damn girl gon be the death of me." Cepheus mumbled to himself, his hand rubbing his forehead gently as he continue on speeding down the streets of Manhattan.

Glancing down at his phone, he seen an incoming call coming in from Winter, causing him to roll his eyes in frustration before declining the call. He didn't understand why or how this girl was calling him while she was supposed to be in surgery getting stitched up, but he didn't care too much either. He didn't want or need anymore children unless they were coming from Cassia, especially not now since he was learning he had another kid by someone who he thought he would never ever see again.

"What." He spat, agitated being an understatement since she chose to call 2 more times. He genuinely couldn't stand Winter, in the beginning she was cool, but then she started to do too much and that's when he had to set more boundaries.

"Where are you?" Furrowing his eyebrows, he took a right turn down the street he was supposed to go, as he rested the phone between his ear and shoulder.

"Trying to find my damn girlfriend- ain't you supposed to be getting patched up? You just lost a damn baby, blood, and got 3 holes in your stomach. How the fuck you still finding time to bother me?" Hearing her gasp on the other end of the phone, Cepheus smacked his lips, knowing she was about to be extra.

"Your what?! Oh brother, don't tell me you're still stuck on that bitch. She doesn't want you, you literally got me pregnant and you're not even here-."

"Sorry to interrupt, but ain't no more baby in there. That mothrfucka got to be dead...and if I ain't kill it then don't worry, I can do it again just to make sure." He chuckled, finding humor in his own words.

"You're so damn disgusting, bet you wouldn't kill your own kid had it been by the doctor girl."

"You're right, shawty won't let me put a kid in her though." Just like that the call dropped, causing Cepheus to laugh to himself as he threw the phone into the passenger seat of the car. Adjusting his body in his seat, he applied more pressure on the gas while speeding down the street. His mind going to both Mariah and Cassia.

He never wanted those paths to cross, especially since he wasn't ever planning on telling Cassia any of what she now knew. He just felt it would never be necessary, since he really was trying to change himself for the better. Obviously the death of his mother caused him to take multiple steps back, but the man who he was to her before that, was what he planned on bringing to the entire relationship.

His abusive, controlling, possessive ways, his drug and alcohol abuse, those were all problems that he had in the past. He buried them down without allowing himself to get the proper help to get on the right track, because he held deep trust issues. Mentally, he did have issues, and Mariah wasn't lying when she said he had many but watered them down to 3, because it was true. He didn't have medication for the others because a lot of his conditions were rare and untamable. He wasn't sure exactly which ones because they weren't in his records, but his mom told him about them before.