XXVIII

Omniscient
July 7th

"This has to be a joke

"This has to be a joke..." Cassia mumbled to herself as her eyes scanned the letter Yannis had wrote up for her.

Dear Cassia,

Thank you for serving me these papers and coming by to say your peace. I respect your decision in requesting for a divorce, but I'm sorry to say that it can't be that simple. I know the only reason for you requesting this divorce stems from the man who you're with now, which is why I've made sure to inform your parents about who exactly this man is since I do fear for your safety around him. After speaking with your father for a little while, we've guaranteed to get you away from him before anything major can happen. With that, I will be happy to complete this divorce with you, however I will be requesting alimony from this. Since you did participate in acts of infidelity by having an entire affair while we were still married, which I do have all of the proof to prove, it will be great if you can sit down with your parents and I one of these days. You could even bring the man with you. Oh and we've been able to contact one of your friends by the name of Deion, and he's said he's more than willing to help out. So I wish you nothing but the best, however you will be hearing more of me.

- Yannis

Taking slow deep breaths to steady her breathing, Cassia placed her head in her hands as she sat in Cepheus' bed alone. She didn't even know what to do, feeling sick to her stomach from everything she read in that letter. Then somehow going the lengths to involve Deion when Cassia had already spoken to Yannis and her parents about him was the part that disgusted her the most.

"You niggas lost cause y'all got Trey big ass on y'all damn team. Nigga take 2 steps and there he go huffing and puffing." Sighing to herself at the loud voice of Cepheus, Cassia ran her hand through her hair as she eyed the door.

She was hoping when he did get back to the house, he would've come alone since she needed to talk to him about all of this. But she wasn't at all surprised that he brought a whole group of people back that he knew, because he liked doing that a lot. Even though he claimed he trusted nobody and didn't like people in his personal space such as his house.

"Nigga you-."

"Aye, quiet your voice down. I don't know if shorty in there sleep or not!" He yelled back to his friend as his voice got louder, meaning he was getting closer up the stairs. Hearing nothing but heavy footsteps, Cassia pulled her lips into her mouth once seeing the doorknob twist before pushing open, revealing a sweaty shirtless Cepheus with a basketball tucked under his left arm.

"Good morning." She spoke quietly, making him turn to look at her. Giving her a small smile, Cepheus placed the basketball down before starting on his way over towards her, his face slightly twisting up once seeing the distant look on her face.