XIX

Omniscient
June 3rd

"Alright, so here are your prenatal vitamins along with the printed ultrasound of the baby

"Alright, so here are your prenatal vitamins along with the printed ultrasound of the baby. Make sure you're getting all of the rest you can get Ms. Walker, I don't need you getting rushed in due to high stress levels or anything of that sort. This is a very high risk pregnancy, so just take it easy for me, okay?" Cassia spoke with a delicate tone as she handed the pills and images over to her patient.

Malaysia Walker, she was a very young girl, Cassia's youngest patient actually. Only being 17 years old, it was another case of teenagers having unprotected sex and the girl winding up pregnant while the said father refused to step up. From the stress of having to deal with the pregnancy alone, along with the lack of support from any family, Malaysia's pregnancy fell into the high risk category from early on.

"Yes, I will...and thank you so much for- for everything. I appreciate it a lot." Cassia nodded her head, giving the girl a smile in response before she left out of the room again after saying a quick send off.

Adjusting the stethoscope that rested around her neck, Cassia did a slight hum as she walked down the hall of the maternity ward.

"Oh baby you are glowinggggg." Turning her head, Cassia kept walking as she seen Jamila walking in her direction. She shot her friend a small smile once she caught up with her, the two of them continuing on with their walk towards the front desk which it seemed they both needed to go. "You been getting dick?"

Cassia immediately snapped her head in Jamila's direction, the comment catching her off guard considering how inappropriate it was for their workplace.

"Can you watch your mouth please? There's patients and other doctors around...and no, I'm not." Pressing her lips together tightly, Jamila looked at Cassia as if she didn't believe her best friend. Rolling her eyes, Cassia crossed her arms over her chest before turning to walk behind the front desk. She had to fill in for the usual receptionist since she had suddenly grew sick while on the clock.

Taking the seat assigned for her, she adjusted herself to get a little more comfortable, before she turned her attention to Jamila who was sitting down herself.

"I don't care about the patients or other doctors, they need to mind they damn business. But my goodness Cassia, how long you gon keep that man waiting? Not even for his sake, but for yours. Don't get the wrong idea when I say this, but that's a fine ass nigga...and he sell-."

"Don't." Cassia interrupted as she raised her hand to cut Jamila off. Throwing her head back with a dramatic groan, Jamila stood to her feet while crossing her arms over her chest.

"You're lucky I have an emergency to get to." She mumbled, before walking from behind the desk and making her way back down the hall, leaving Cassia at the front alone.

She absolutely hated having to work the front desk, because it was so boring. She liked her job because it was exciting and kept her on her toes, having to sit in a seat for 8 hours was far from exciting for her. Especially when it was a Tuesday afternoon, meaning the hospital wasn't all that busy or consumed with patients.