-Chapter 25-

Misaki went to take a shower and get dressed after Takumi ordered room service. He had also returned to his room to take a shower before the food might arrive. Misaki dried her damp hair with a white towel after stepping out of the shower. She thought about how comfortable it felt being by Takumi last night. After the small buzz from the wine wore off and they finally had a conversation it felt like they were really bonding like friends. The relationship they had from the first day they met till now had changed so much. In the past, she would have never considered laying so close to Takumi overnight or even freaking kissing him.

"This is too embarrassing," Misaki groaned covering her face with the damp towel. She was acting like he was her high school crush but they were engaged. This was why strangers shouldn't get married just to strengthen business ties. She was in the process of liking someone long after she got engaged.

It was just so weird but she was glad there was just peace among them now and not any more arguments. It was a tough process but they reached this point. It was too early to say they got here successfully and it would be uphill from here. One tiny mishap could land them right back to the beginning but as long as they communicated properly they could overcome it. Maybe.

Misaki smacked both of her cheeks stopping herself from thinking any deeper about the relationship with Takumi. It was best to let things flow as they were now rather than overthinking and planning every step of the way. It would be better if both of their family could just butt out also. She truly wondered if they could really get the date of the wedding push back. Hopefully, everyone could be understanding with the fact that Takumi and Misaki wanted to get to know each other more before they say I do.

"We'll be fine," Misaki said looking in the mirror trying to convince herself. If they couldn't she would call off the wedding no matter if it meant going up against her father. If her relationship with Takumi would somehow go downhill she would choose happiness which would be being by herself. "I'm thinking negatively again. I'm going to finished get dressed," she added.

The longer she stayed in the bathroom the more she would overthink. Exiting the bathroom she went straight to her closet where all her clothes were unpacked and picked out simple comfortable clothes. This was a rare vacation moment for her and all she wanted to do was lay around and do nothing. She was always running around taking care of things for others and hardly ever took time to just relax.

After putting on grey sweat pants and a t-shirt, she went back to the living area to wait for Takumi and the food. Misaki sat in silence practically counting down the seconds for when he would arrive and soon he did. Takumi opened her room door and entered with fresh comfy clothes just like her.

"I was hoping to catch you in the processing of changing just to see you freak out Misa," He commented closing the door and entering the room.

Misaki sighed irritated. "Must you always be a pervert?" She asked.

"If it teases or upsets you then I must," He responded. He also took a seat on the couch but not too close to Misaki.

Misaki cleared her throat suddenly feeling awkward. She looked around the room finding small things to take interest in so she wouldn't have to look at Takumi. Why were there moments where she felt so weird being in the presence of Takumi? She could not understand the feeling but at the same time, she felt that she knew what the feeling was and denial was stopping her from admitting it.

"What shall we do till the food arrives? Continue the questions?" Takumi suggested and Misaki agreed since they had nothing better to do. "I'll start. You're a very successful woman, what's one thing you wanted to do but haven't?"

"Sleep," Misaki honestly answered. "There's too many things and people I have to take care of. Even when I get home I have to worry if everyone has what they need. They're all depending on me and it's a constant worry of if I make one mistake and fail then they all fail. I would love one peaceful night where I don't worry. Even at this moment, I feel like I should be working and not slacking off."

"Our families put a lot of pressure on us to work hard to secure the businesses for the long run but somehow never see what it puts us through. I know your background of you worked when you were really young because your family had no money back then. To take on that responsibility from such a young age up to now where you turned around what your father tried to create, that took a lot of strength and I admire that," Takumi said understanding more about Misaki. He understood why she was so "tough" and had no tolerance for foolishness. There were too many things on her shoulders.

"Thank you for the compliment. I know you also understand the burden of taking on the family business."

"That's nothing in comparison to what you had to create. The Ranchesters business had been operating for years. I just came in and sat in a chair but you had to start with so many issues. Why is it so hard for you to accept a compliment Misaki? You get all jittery and awkward," He said noticing how her body tensed up.

"I can accept compliments you baka!" Misaki exclaimed in denial.

"I also noticed you get defensive or when you don't want to admit to something. Let's play a game Misaki. The magical witch girls normally play it in a cafe by casting a spell. Dorinpa, Dorunpa. Now you can't tell a lie," Takumi waved a finger around casting the spell on Misaki.

"You're not a magical girl so it wouldn't work on me," Misaki stated, continuing to keep her feelings to herself.

Meanwhile, Sakura had met with a couple of old friends to catch up and get her mind off of Kuuga. They took her out for an early breakfast then they would spend the entire day shopping around and eating. With Misaki away with her fiancee, Sakura needed to be around other people who could cheer her up. She really believed that Kuuga had at least liked her but she was wrong. She had seen the news of him moving on with multiple women and as much as others tried to cheer her up Sakura still thought and cared about Kuuga.

Her love life was a joke.

"That's why you stay away from those band members. They have too many women lurking around them. I knew Kuuga's ways from college and he was always like this." Hikari, a friend of Sakura commented. "Both him and Takumi were like a chick magnet. When Takumi got into a relationship, Kuuga had double the girls at his feet since they had no chance with Takumi."

"Hey! Did you hear Mei claiming she's still with Takumi? The man is engaged, how low could you get?" One of the other girls said ready to gossip but was shushed because others knew Misaki was Sakura's best friend.

"Say that again," Sakura requested hearing this.

A/N: Sorry for how long this took to update.

Please read :

I have a book that is not fanfiction participating in a contest. It is like blood lust, a story that I dropped, and is about supernatural creatures with romance, drama, humor, etc. If you have a Webnovel account or wish to read those story please search my name on "Violet_167" and the book is "High Society: Welcome to the inner circle". The book is participating in a pilot read event and every user who adds my book to their library helps the editors know the book has potential for the competition. The pilot read event ends next Saturday. You also don't need to add my book if you don't like it.

Thank you in advance to those who might add it.