- Chapter 22-

The next day

Misaki slowly opened her eyes whilst stretching her body.

"Wha..." She trailed off when she opened her eyes to see Takumi's face right in front of her own. "What the hell!" She mentally screamed.

Misaki tried to move away from being so close to his face but felt a tug at her waist. She slowly looked down at her waist to notice his arms were wrapped around her, stopping her from escaping him. Misaki was ready to shake him awake and question him when she remembered how they ended up in this position.

"Oh," She said when the realization hit her. She sighed and thought about last night.  How did she wake up panicking and completely forgetting what lead up to this point?

Last night

After Misaki and Takumi cheered another glass of wine to forget the moment of the kiss which she considered to be awkward, they started to talk just for the awkward moment to pass. They started with small talk but somehow grew more comfortable with conversing about other things.

"Sakura and I have been friends since high school. She's a complete sweetheart and I try to protect her from people who try to prey on how nice she is," Misaki explained after they started to talk about when Sakura wanted to meet and talk to Takumi when they saw him in the restaurant. "She's looking out for me and how I feel in this whole marriage situation. And well I felt like you were an ass so she wanted to confront that ass."

Takumi was midway taking a sip from the wine glass which slightly touched his lips but only for a second when he decided to comment on Sakura. "It was like a tiny kitten with its claws out ready to attack me. Not the most amusing and fun situation for me I might add," He said then pressed the glass against his lips to take a sip.

"I believe that's what friends do. It might've been annoying for you but it was very thoughtful on my end. Besides, Sakura can be a cute little kitten. She doesn't need to be terrifying when she has a friend like me to use my claws on the person she's going up against. I will protect my kittens from any danger. You should give that warning to your friend Kuuga next time you see him," She warned him. Kuuga was officially on her hit list and she would definitely find out whatever he did to her friend.

She continued, "Don't call me overprotective because I've seen her get over relationships after a crying session or two but this was the first time she ever looked so hurt. After the party, I noticed he was chatting with not one but two ladies. Such a player. Did you know anything about what went on with them?" She hadn't heard from Sakura exactly what happened which was unusual since Sakura would quickly vent to Misaki.

Takumi shook his head denying knowing anything about it. He hadn't spoken to Kuuga much since the party and he hardly ever asked him about his relationships. Although Takumi did know Kuuga never stayed with one person for too long. He was surprised Misaki's friend considered the relationship to be serious. It was more of a pass time for Kuuga. 

"I will warn him that a demon CEO is after him. I wouldn't mind if you scare him a bit," Takumi admitted.

"You two seem like polar opposites. I question why you and Kuuga are friends," Misaki stated trying to fit their personalities together.

"Same goes for you and Sakura. You two aren't exactly identical. I met Kuuga when I was really young through my grandfather's request. You know to mingle with other socialite kids," Takumi said remembering his youth he tried to forget. "Kuuga's father owns an entertainment company which is why he's interested in music. You won't hear Kuuga mention his father's name a lot since he wanted to make it big without hearing or saying his father's name. He isn't signed to his father's company which you might think created tension between the two but it somehow didn't."