- Chapter 5 -

Takumi had rushed over to Mei's apartment with hopes he could send her what she needed for work. He knew he at least should have told Misaki he was stepping out to go somewhere for a moment but he was in hurry and the thought of that didn't cross his mind till now. It was obvious this would trigger an argument between the two of them once he returned home. It might even be the biggest argument they ever had.

Mei's phone call was so sudden. He had made it known they shouldn't meet for the time being but he could not just sit there and let her lose a job. Hence why he was rushing to her apartment right now.

It was just for a moment but he wondered what Misaki would feel when she realized he had completely ditched her. Thinking back on it now he really shouldn't have done that. She was left all alone in that big house by herself. There was no one home besides Misaki. He didn't know why but he felt guilty.

"Just this once for Mei. It's for Mei."

He chanted this over and over again in his head so he would feel less guilty but it wasn't working. It was still on his mind.

"Dammit," He cursed smacking his hand down on the door of the car he was driving. Why did everything had to be so messed up?

He could not turn back time. Takumi had ditched Misaki for Mei as he should. Mei was the love of his life and if doing something for her meant he had to leave Misaki then he would do it. But for some reason, no matter how hard he tried to ignore it guilt was consuming his body.

..............

"Thank you so much," Mei beamed over the phone as Takumi had spent his time emailing her the work she left behind. Her job was now saved. "I can't thank you enough."

Takumi sighed resting back on a couch in Mei's apartment. After rushing all the way there he could finally rest as the deed was done.

"No problem."

"So will you be staying the night at my place even if I'm not there?" Mei questioned. She would prefer if he stayed there then go back to a place where another woman was staying. It was frustrating having you love to live with someone else. She wished this would all end soon.

"No I'll be going home," He answered wondering if she forgot when he said they should not meet for a while. "Don't you reme-"

"I know it's just- Never mind. Just know that I love you okay?" Mei said suddenly. She didn't know how to explain it to him. She just hopes she wasn't losing Takumi to another woman. Mei has been there the most when Takumi needed a shoulder to lean on. She couldn't just let him slip away by accidentally falling for someone else.

"I love you too. It's really late I need to go back to the house," He stated bidding her goodbye. Once he switched off his phone he took a deep breath running his hand through his hair.

"Now it's time to prepare for a battle. May God be with me as Misaki tries to kill me."

-Home-

When Takumi returned home to the house he and Misaki lived in, it was pretty dark. With the maids and other workers being gone the house seemed so empty. Like no one ever lived there. It felt like there was no happiest or no kind of feeling in the house.

"Misaki?" He called from the door. He gently closed the door as quietly as he could. "Misaki?" He called for her again but there was no answer.

He walked off towards the living room where he found her sitting alone.

"Misaki?" He questions a little confused as to why she was sitting in an almost very dark room.

"Takumi. Takumi. Takumi. I called for you when I was finished but I came out here there was no answer. Where did you go?" Misaki asked looking at him with a painful expression.