-Chapter 15-

Misaki had successfully managed to take Takumi away from his grandfather Richard. The man had always given her a bad feeling and knowing Takumi didn't have a good relationship with his family she figured he'd be thankful and not offended that she avoided his grandfather.

Letting Takumi blow out his birthday cake might help to lighten the mood so she took him to the center of the room where a giant cake stood on a circular table. Misaki signaled for an employee to start preparing the candles. She then turned to the birthday boy who had been awfully quiet this whole time.

"Takumi?" She said raising her hand to get his attention to now realize she was still holding his hand. Embarrassed, she quickly released his hand and looked away. Why didn't he say anything?

Takumi, on the other hand, remained calm as he was patiently waiting to see when she would realize they were still holding hands. As he expected, her reaction was priceless. How could this woman be the rumored demon prez?

"Why are you shying away Misaki?" He teased leaning slightly to see her face. "Don't tell me you have butterflies in your stomach just from holding my hand?"

"Dream on." She mumbled still not turning to look at him.

"We would like to ask all guests to turn their attention to the cake as we will now wish Takumi Usui a happy birthday." The host announced.

Everyone began to shift their focus to Takumi and Misaki.

Takumi decided to hold unto Misaki's hand which she had previously grabbed him with. This action caused Misaki to jump a little at the touch of his hand around her own. She looked up at the man she couldn't quite understand.

"Happy birthday to you." Everyone, including Misaki, began to sing. Once the song was over they cheered as Takumu blew out the candles.

"Thank you." He said out loud but it wasn't towards everyone who attended the party.

Although he was thankful for what Misaki did, most of the people here weren't close to him. The majority of them were strangers who pretended to be his friend wanting to gain something. His grandfather made him become "close" to these people. He wasn't thankful towards those people but to the few, he actually cared for and Misaki.

"We can open your presents later." Misaki told him trying to pull her hand out of his but it didn't work. Takumi just tightened his grip. "This idiot," Misaki thought.

Takumi internally smiled knowing Misaki must be upset with him right now and he was enjoying every moment of it.

Misaki sighed just deciding to give up as her efforts were pointless. She glanced around the room and saw Sakura in a corner by herself again. She made a mental note to personally teach Kuuga a lesson for playing with Sakura. However, now was not the time but he would definitely feel her wrath.

The party continued late into the night and Misaki made sure that Takumi out of all people had enjoyed himself. He became so quiet amongst people that it was hard to make him enjoy the party more.

The couple drove back home alone to try and get some rest because they would be taking a trip as requested by Richard. Takumi unlocked the door carrying Misaki's coat and bags in his hands. He closed the door after her resting the coat and purse on a counter.

He watched Misaki collapse on the couch and took off her shoes. Takumi saw her struggling to take off the shoe and decided to help her.

"You don't have to." She whispered.

"It's a small deed compared to what you did today." He replied taking off the shoe. "Thank you." He smiled.

"Your welcome."