-Chapter 13-

A week later...

"Please answer," Sakura said as her phone continued to ring for what felt like forever. "Pick up please," She whispered.

She was determined to have a serious conversation with Kuuga today. For the past two weeks, Sakura and Kuuga's relationship seemed to change. It felt like Kuuga wasn't the same as when she first met him and he was distancing himself from her. Every time they spoke, the conversation always led to an argument. Sakura wanted to know if they could be any hope for their relationship as she really loved Kuuga.

The ringing stopped then voices could be heard on the other side of the call.

"Hello," She said softly wondering if she called at a bad time.

"Yes," Kuuga answered sounding frustrated. It sounded like he was with a group of people.

"I was just calling to say we haven't spoken for two weeks now and before things get worse I wanted to invite you-"

"You're too clingy," Kuuga stated completely over her constant calls.

"What?" Sakura questioned thinking she heard him wrong. Did he just say clingy? When wasn't it okay for his girlfriend to call him? He had said he liked the way she always checked upon him.

"You're really clingy. It's annoying," He repeated sounding frustrated yet again.

Sakura was lost for words. "I don't....I."

"It's partially my fault for letting this relationship go on for so long. I shouldn't have entertained this and for that, I apologize. Let's just end it as it wasn't that serious as you thought it was," He explained with no remorse.

Sakura was heartbroken. This reminded her of all those times in high school when she used to be a lovesick girl chasing after guys but they never shared the same feelings. She would do anything for them but all they did was play with her heart.

She had known Kuuga's band for a long time and had always been a fan. Dating him was like a dream come true. He seemed to be the perfect guy when they met. He charmed his way into her heart.

"Kuuga, when will you be done?" She heard a woman ask Kuuga.

"Right now," He answered trying to calm down his impatient guest.

Sakura was a wide eye in disbelief. He already had someone else? He really didn't care about her feelings at all. He was just toying with her.

"Unfortunately, Takumi and Misaki are our friends so we'll be seeing each other from time to time. Please don't allow this to affect their party is tonight so please don't be surprised as I'll bring a guest. You should do the same. I hope we can move on peacefully," Kuuga said.

"You..." Sakura began. "I did everything for you. When you were sick I was there to help you. When you were upset I bought you gifts-"

"We both knew I had no plans of making things serious with you. It was fun," Kuuga hung up.

Sakura removed the phone from her ear to stare at the screen not believing he hand up like that. After some time she threw her phone halfway across the room. Who gave him the right to play with her like that when she loved him?

She cried alone in her room.

~0~

"Good afternoon," Takumi greeted Misaki as he was in their living room preparing to meet Kuuga for a guys night out to celebrate his birthday. He figured Kuuga had something planned since they were going out so early.