-Chapter 19-

Mei rested her body on her door after Gerald had finally left her apartment. She felt unable to move after seeing Gerald and being around him again even though she had recently seen him at the party. She shouldn't have gone to that stupid party. Why didn't she just stay home? She wouldn't have run into Gerald if she did.

Of course, he would be mad after his ex-girlfriend got together with his younger brother who had a bad relationship. But it was all Gerald's fault. If he had just loved her like he always did she wouldn't have moved on to someone else.

She could still remember the day she first met Gerald.

8 years ago.

Mei was cleaning up the counter at her day job in a coffee shop. Someone had spilled a bit of their coffee when they were taking it up and so she hustled to clean it up before the next customer would come in.

The customer who spilled the coffee had blamed it on her when it was his fault. The coffee cup was placed on the counter and they just had to carefully pick it up but yet he spilled it from being on his phone and not watching what he was doing. He was currently leaving while throwing insults her way.

"That guy was a jerk. Oh, incoming rich guys," Her friend and coworker Yumi said pointing to the door. "There goes, Gerald Walker. He's the talk of the town around here. I wish he would just sweep me off my feet," She said jokingly.

"Lord give him strength," Mei joked in response.

Yumi playfully hit Mei, "Haha. You should be lucky. If there's anyone to charm him it's our college white princess Mei," Yumi sighed.

Mei was known in their college for having guys being attracted to her innocent nature. She was given the nickname white princess in her second year of college.

"I still think that name is foolish," Mei admitted finishing up the cleaning but keeping an eye on the guys who were standing outside the coffee shop. She watched as the customer who spilled his coffee was apologizing to the man named Gerald. She looked closer and realized the man spilled the coffee again. He was apologizing because he recognized Gerald. "Gerald Walker," She muttered looking at him.

People bowed down to those with money and power while people like her were tossed around.

Yumi poked Mei over and over then asked, "Are you getting interested in him?"

Mei shook her head but thought about something else. "No. I don't want to be tangled up in that world. Here they come."

Ding!

"Good afternoon, welcome to the coffee bean," Yumi and Mei said together.

"Beautiful ladies," One of the other two guys apart from Gerald greeted. "Can I get you two in a cup?"

"No but you can get a cup of coffee and sit down," Mei replied not having time to be flirted on by some guy. All he had to do was order, collect his order, and be on his way. Simple. Things didn't have to be difficult.

Gerald snickered at her unexpected comment. "Glad someone shut him up. I'll have a latte miss," He leaned over to read her name tag. "Mei."

"Okay, and what is your name, sir?" Mei asked Gerald even though she knew what his name.

"Gerald," He replied. "Two more lattes for my friends. Put it all under my name," Gerald said glancing at Mei then walking over to a table followed by his friends.

"What are you doing Mei?" Yumi questioned. She just told Mei his name was Gerald Walker. Why did she ask?

"Aiming to be a white princess," Mei replied fixing the drinks.

"I was joking about that. You know, fangirl dreams. Let's not get caught up with them," Yumi suggested, helping Mei make the drinks

Mei stopped her from helping, "I'll do this one by myself. You worry about you and I'll worry about me, okay? I'm not going to get caught up by anything."

"Fine," Yumi stood back watching Mei do everything by herself. She watched Mei take the drinks by herself.

They all called her a white princess. In this lifetime, the only way to be treated like a princess was to find a prince.

Mei clenched her fist remembering a part of the past. Their relationship was a rocky one. Just like Takumi, Gerald was getting set up with dates even though they were together. He claimed they were just business meetings but she did not trust him. Why wouldn't he replace her with someone more beneficial to him?

She was experiencing the same thing again. Takumi was engaged to Misaki and had dumped Mei. She shouldn't have listened to his promise of finding a way to break the engagement. Takumi was a very smart man. If he set his mind to it, he could've ended this engagement.

Why didn't he? She knew he didn't like that woman. Mei heard all the rumors about her. She stepped all over men as though they were peasants. Takumi did not belong to someone like her. He was too nice. He showed her kindness she never expected. He was different from Gerald. It was unfortunate she came to love Takumi who was Gerald's brother but she believed life had a strange way of bringing two people together.

It was never about the money. It was just how secure she felt around Gerald. Like no one could hurt her. If people only knew who she was dating they would've laid on the ground to apologize.

Two years after her breakup with Gerald she happened to have met Takumi. She didn't go looking for him, he just appeared one day as they had a mutual friend. She thought of avoiding him because he looked so much like Gerald and it pained her but the more she was around him she knew he was nothing like she had imagined.

He treated her with respect and was always honest with her. She told him her fears and he did the same. When they started to date Takumi didn't keep their relationship a secret. He had no problem introducing her as his girlfriend.

He was nothing like Gerald.

She didn't need anything other than Takumi. She didn't care how the world viewed or treated her anymore, she just wanted him. Takumi belonged to her.

And a bitch like Misaki thought she had him.

Follow IG: violet_167ff