- Chapter 20-

"We should probably head back to our rooms now. There's nothing left for us to do now anyway," Misaki said enjoying the night view of the beach. It was really beautiful here at night.

"I suppose. Or," Takumi paused before he stood up and proceeded to take off his jacket. "We could go for a swim," He suggested throwing his shirt on the sand. It was far enough from the water where it wouldn't be swept away.

Misaki looked away not wanting to see him get undressed. "Are you crazy? That water is probably cold right now. Only a fool would jump in there." She decided to sneak a peek and see if he had only taken off his shirt but when she heard the sound of his buckle, she knew he was taking off his pants and decided against looking although she wanted to.

"You gotta have some fun Misaki. Take some risk to have fun," Takumi said placing his pants on the sand beside his shirt. He was left in his underwear since he had already taken off his shoes.

"Freezing to death is not fun-Ah!" She screamed when he picked her up into his arms. "Put me down!" She yelled hitting his bare chest but he ignored her.

Takumi chuckled taking her to the water in his arms.

"I swear I won't forgive you if you drop me in this water," She warned holding unto his body so if he released her she wouldn't fall into the water.

Instead of dropping her in the water, he sat down in the water where both of them could get wet. The water wasn't cold as Misaki expected. It was slightly warm. However, that didn't mean she wanted to be in here.

Misaki let go of Takumi, used the advantage of her now sitting on his lap, and pushed him by his chest underwater. Unfortunately for her, Takumi tightened his hold around her waist and pulled her down with him. They both went underwater.

Popping out of the water as fast as they went down, Takumi helped Misaki who was coughing out seawater by patting her back.

"Misa tried to kill me. I feel honored you would want to go to jail over me," Takumi stated placing his right hand over his heart. "I'm touched."

Misaki took a step away from him. "I would've gotten away with it if weren't for your hand around my waist."

"Wow, you really meant it."

She splashed water his way to make him shut up. Of course, she wasn't going to kill him tonight. Too many people saw her with him today. Kidding, she thought.

"It's unfair I'm half-naked and you're not Misaki," Takumi said bringing up their current attire.

Misaki sarcastically answered, "Oh I'm sorry. I forgot to take my clothes off when I told you I wasn't jumping in here. My mistake."

She proceeded to make her way out of the water. She had no plans to swim at this time. It would've been right for her to play along with his attempt of having fun and bonding but Misaki didn't want to bond with him while he was half-naked. She had to think logically. They were still a man and a woman. Who knew what this could lead to. Misaki did not want to find out in the water.

Takumi silently followed behind Misaki seeing that she didn't want to play around in the water. At least he tried something. Takumi would just have to wait for Misaki to be more open to doing things together. Maybe the water wasn't the best idea.

Coming out of the water he saw Misaki holding his clothes in her hands while she looked away. It appeared to be a slight blush on her face. He smiled at her shyness. He could see why she didn't want to get into the water with him.

"Oh, something cut me," He lied pretending to be in pain to make Misaki look at him. As expected, she quickly looked around to see where he was hurt but she saw no cut. "My bad. Must've been a broken heart," He answered whilst flexing his body to tease her.