-Chapter 14-

Misaki looked confused from the looks on Takumi and Kuuga's faces when a woman had come over to wish Takumi a happy birthday. Everyone who was invited to the party was from Takumi's contact list. Who was this woman and why were they reacting like this?

"Uh." Kuuga cleared his throat still shocked to see that Mei was here at the party and right in front of Misaki. He was lost for words. What could he say in a situation like this?

"Misaki invited me," Mei said knowing neither Takumi nor Kuuga knew about her invitation to the party. She was shocked when she received an invitation to a private birthday celebration for Takumi and even more shocked that it came from Misaki herself.

Mei eyed the woman with whom Takumi's family was obsessed. What was so special about her except for her money? What was she trying to prove by throwing this party? Play the role of a perfect wife in the making? Why did she send me an invitation? Could she have known about the relationship between me and Takumi? Was she trying to show me that he belonged to her now? So many questions she wanted the answer to.

"Thank you for coming. He said your name was Mei?" Misaki answered greeting the woman. It felt like she had seen this woman before but she hadn't met any of Takumi's friends except for Kuuga.

"Yes. Why are you so silent Takumi?" Mei smiled. She knew from the look in his eyes he was clearly upset with her presence. She made one mistake but there was no way she should just be thrown out of his life.

"Let's have a private chat now." Takumi finally spoke. He should have known Mei wouldn't give up so easily given how long they were in a relationship. She should have known he would be unhappy to see her given that she deceived him.

"'I'd rather have this chance to greet your soon to be wife. I hope it's not as awkward as we use to date." She said as though it nothing.

Misaki wasn't expecting the woman to be a past girlfriend. Judging from Takumi's reaction they hadn't ended on a positive note. She also couldn't help but think the woman was trying to irritate her. However, Misaki didn't care about a woman from Takumi's past as she also had relationships. Maybe she would care if had feelings for Takumi.

"It's not awkward at all," Misaki replied in a calm voice. She would let Takumi handle it. Misaki also felt it would be best to apologize to him later as she didn't know she was inviting an ex. Then she began to think that if their relationship wasn't good why was Mei's number still on his phone?

Kuuga noticed the way Misaki was staring at Takumi and Mei. Clearly, she was thinking about their relationship.

"Why don't you two go chat and get over your issues while I get to know Misaki in the meantime?" Kuuga suggested hoping to break the tension.

Misaki didn't like the idea of Takumi leaving to talk to the woman but what could she say? It wasn't her place to tell Takumi what to do. She gave him a quick glance then walked away without answering Kuuga.

Kuuga side-eyed Mei then stepped closer to Takumi to say, "You're grandfather is here. Be careful," He left Takumi and Mei alone afterward.

"So-" Mei began but was interrupted when Takumi took her hand and dragged her away to an empty corner.

"Why are you here Mei?" He asked banging his hand against a wall. "Why can't you understand I want to be alone?"

"Technically you aren't alone!" She barked back. Why was he playing the victim? Didn't he understand how he hurt her too?

"I'm engaged."

Mei laughed hearing his words. She was tired of hearing about his wedding. "That's the problem."