- Chapter 7-

Takumi sighed as he laid on his bed after having dinner with Misaki. After he ate what she had prepared for him, he made her fried rice which she really enjoyed. He could still remember the bright smile she had on her face when she tasted it.

"Wow! This is great. You should be a chef instead."

He closed his eyes trying not to picture her face. Misaki seemed almost cute in his mind when she smiled. It was the first time he thought of her like that. He saw her as a woman.

Ring! Ring! Ring! Ring!

He turned on his side reaching for his cellphone which stood in a chair beside his bed. The caller ID said, Mei.

He answered the phone, "Hi Mei. How are you?"

"Hi~ Where were you? I've been calling you before."

"Sorry my phone was in my jacket as I ate dinner," Takumi told her sitting up.

"Oh, I see," She replied sounding slightly worried about something. "Did you eat out?"

"Yes," He lied not wanting to say he ate with Misaki.

"You're lying to me Takumi. You can't hide anything from me. Are we...Are we going to be okay? Be honest with me," Mei was almost scared to know the answer.

Takumi sighed for the second time this night. "I want to say yes but it feels like you won't believe me. Things have just been tiring me out for a while but it'll get better."

"Okay. I just wanted to talk to so I know I'm still the one you love-"

"I'm not in love with Misaki," Takumi interrupted. It was like everyone wanted to make him love Misaki when he didn't. They don't fit and he had Mei.

"It's hard to think there aren't any feelings there when you live with another woman. How would you feel if I lived with another man?" Mei almost wanted to yell into her cellphone. Misaki was going to ruin them. She could feel it. She trusted Takumi but not Misaki.

"Me-"

"No! First you put our relationship on hold and now your spending time with her? Tell me the truth? Are you running away from me?"

"No. I just wish everyone would let me breathe a little and stop trying to control my life," He answered.

"I just want you to be honest with me!"

"Honest? Then how about you are Kuuga tell me what happened between you two for you guys to hate each other. Don't think I didn't notice." This was something he wanted to know for a long time but they always hide it from him. They are the only two people he could trust but they are hiding something from him.

"Takumi! That is something entirely different. I just wanted to let you know I'll be returning home early tomorrow. I'll prepare dinner for us and whether you show up or not will let me know how you really feel. I do love you and I hope you still feel the same way. I don't want to lose you please."

He could hear Mei almost sobbing. He didn't like to hear her cry, it ate him away on the inside. "I'll be there."

"See you tomorrow."

"Bye."

When will his life not be so complicated? He needed to make a better decision to get out of this quickly before it gets worst. This will only hurt even more people the longer it goes on. He could not pretend anymore, it all has to end but how?

Takumi softly coughed. He was beginning to feel sick. He closed his eyes not having any energy to move so he went to sleep to clear his mind.

~ The next day~

"Misaki!" Sakura stood up greeting her friend. She invited Misaki to a cafe to see how things have been going. She knew Misaki was having a rocky time with Takumi.

"Hi!" Misaki greeted back hugging Sakura.

After they hugged, both of them sat down.

"So...How are things?" Sakura questioned. She has been very curious about Misaki and Takumi. She's beginning to ship them for some reason.

"Work has been going fine," Misaki answered knowing that was not what Sakura meant.

"....."

"Things between us are going uhm...positive?" Misaki said not quite sure. They were going okay but not that okay.

"No feelings involved yet?" Sakura wondered.

"No. We're more like acquaintances. To be wed acquaintances," Misaki joked.

"Good to know you still have a sense of humor."

"Enough about me, when am I going to this guy Kuuga you've been seeing?" Misaki questioned Sakura. She wanted to meet the guy her friend was seeing and make sure he was serious about her. Sakura had been dating some guys before who just liked to use her.

"You two will meet soon. Trust me and stop asking. Oh! Let's have a double date since Kuuga knows Takumi," Sakura beamed. It was the perfect way to introduce Kuuga and hopefully, Takumi will let Misaki know Kuuga is a good guy.

"Just great," Misaki mumbled. Takumi and dates just didn't go well together in her opinion.

"I don't know if I should tell you Misaki but I saw Tora recently-"

"I rather not talk about him right now," Misaki cut Sakura short.

"I'm sorry," Sakura apologized.

"No, it's okay. Tora and I are friends and we still hang out once in a while but I rather not talk about him right now," Misaki said wanting to talk about something else. "How is modeling going?"

Sakura smiled brightly. "I got this really great offer recently..."

~0~

When Mei arrived back at home she immediately went to buy groceries for her dinner with Takumi tonight. She knew for sure Takumi would show up once she asked him to. He always did. At some point in her shopping, she decided to stop at a cafe to get a quick meal before continuing. She had not eaten since she got back.

"You can sit at table six by the window ma'am," A waitress told her.

"Thank you," Mei nodded turning to head to her table but then paused because she noticed someone familiar sitting at the table beside her very own. It was Misaki. She was frozen not knowing what to do. This was the woman who was ruining her relationship. Causing Takumi to drift away from her. If Takumi wasn't being forced into this marriage everything would be okay. It was all because of this woman Misaki. She was the source of Mei's frustration lately. Of all her built-up anger. If only Misaki knew who Takumi really loved. If only she knew.

Mei's feet started to move towards Misaki as if they had a mind of their own. Things would be better if only Misaki knew. This could stop it.

"Hello," A pink hair lady greeted Mei once she stopped at the table.

Misaki then looked up at Mei.

"Takumi belongs to me," Mei spoke softly at first.

"What?" Misaki said confused. Neither she nor Sakura seemed to have heard what Mei said.

"Takumi is my boyfriend and you're ruining everything! Please let him go!" Mei yelled bringing attention to him. "I'm the one who is supposed to be marrying him not some spoiled woman. You don't and will never deserve him."

In Mei's eyes, Misaki's wide eye expression was priceless. Mei could not help but grin. Takumi could come to her after this. Everything would go back to normal.

"He doesn't love you and never will because he loves me."